Where does Dorico store default templates ?

I want to change the default template for a leadsheet in the hub because it uses a transposing sax and I want another instrument.
How do I do this ?
Tnx :slight_smile:
Mads

See Add or modify New from Template files - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Short answer: don’t do it!

ok - got it… :frowning:
Thank’s :slight_smile:

I’d be interested to know if you think there’s another instrument you think would be a better default choice, Mads. I’m not opposed to changing it if you have a better idea!

A concert pitch unnamed instrument.
Or maybe a setup with C, Bb, Bb8vb, Eb, and bass clef C separate layouts.

Unfortunately Dorico doesn’t yet have a means of creating multiple layouts in different transpositions, though that is planned.

I second a generic instrument. Alto sax seems random.

Dorico doesn’t have a “generic” instrument, so it’ll have to be some kind of specific instrument.

Well, a C instrument for starters. Violin maybe? Or one of those delightful “ahh” voices! =P

I find the GM Choir Aahs to be much better (I won’t say convincing) than the Aah to Ooh NoteExp sample, and I generally change all voices to that.

Unfortunately Dorico doesn’t yet have a means of creating multiple layouts in different transpositions, though that is planned.

It could be a setup with layouts for vox or flute, Bb Trumpet, Eb Alto, Bb Tenor, Bass clef trom.

please, no violin :violin: - and I say this as a string player…
I actually think the alto sax :saxophone: is a good choice

What’s all this talk about sax and violins?

a piano sound should satisfy everybody - or guitar… - anything with a clear sound that doesn’t transpose.

+1 for piano sound!

Yes, I agree too. Piano has the range that will accommodate that of most instruments, and has a simple and plain sound with a clear pitch.