Where is the Acoustic Agent (Solved ) ?

Strangest thing. I now have an acoustic agent entry in the media bay of cubase 7.5, but in 8 it’s missing.
I can only load up the showing off preset (etc…) from groove agent itself to get into acoustic agent.

(edit:tytune’s method solves it though, but I have a new user forum post delay thinghy)

Great tip! :slight_smile:

That’s great for those trying to find the installed files but whats your tip for those that have the files missing ?

same issue for me

NICE!!

There seems to be no way to get the left & right “Load Next Kit” arrows to only scroll through only the kits we’ve filtered down, is there? Still goes alphabetically, regardless of if we only want to try out “Vintage” AA kits, etc.

Also on Mac all weird with GA4 and the SE. Just got it sorted under 7.5 and now p.i.t.a. again. I dont know why Steinberg always screws up the libs from the GA kits. Have to waist time on it again …a pity.

P.S.
Weird, just tried again and loaded a kit through the other menu. And miracle, now the kits suddenly shows up in the media bay. Did that already before without any results. Why this now changes things, no idea. But don’t complain, all fine now like that :wink:

P.P.S.
Anyways sth seems not to be in order. Startet C8 again and now the Libs are highlighted, as it should be, no filter.
But after you have chosen one, they all get greyed, but worked nevertheless. So GA is presenting every time a new scenery. But I don´t care as long as they work and good be chosen.

…ah resetting the filter brings them back highlighted …hm …

I don’t use GA but im just intrigued as to why the installer never installed just that one preset , everything else is there and working perfectly afaik . strange indeed .

Yup the solutions works but completely not logical,go figure!

Well i have Uninstalled / cc cleaned / reinstalled and still the same issue with the Full installer from the download section of my steinberg . No AA preset , the funny thing is when loading C8 it doesn’t seem to load any additional content after the program , could that be the issue and why would it not be loading the content ?

Ok someone shoot me , User error . when i was installing C8 i was using the 64 bit icon and not the full program install .

Silly me , every thing seems to be there now apart from one package "rock Pop " drums failed to load . Anyway it’s all fixed :wink:

Good news I got mine fixed. There was also some Rebelion Sonic Se not found too.

Here is my step by step for missing files. I did that in 6.5 when I had problems. Steps might not make sence but work.

1. Download latest elicenser
  2. Backup
  3. remove program from program data
  4. unsintall elicenser
  5. Start the installer - choose to unsintall everyting
  6. Delete C:\ProgramData\Steinberg
  • If it block you, go in subfolders to delete
  1. (Your name well chang it for your username) C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg
    a. If you can’t reach it, type it directly in explorer.
    I this time did not deleted it, was a bunch of xml filels
  2. If still there, Delete C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\
  3. Delete stuff from C:\Program Files\Steinberg (you can keep older cuabse versions)
  4. Use CCleaner to clean registry
  5. reboot
  6. Disabler antivirus et firewall
  7. INstall new elicenser
  8. (IMPORTANT) réinstall check for all users.
  • You can actually see where the acoustic agent should be in path, by clicking on it.
  1. Put back antiviru and firewall.

To see the pad

1. Load GA se 4
  2. Click on the preset (black rectangle top left) or load preset
  3. Under filter, click attribute and not logic
  4. Click on one of the column under filter (ex: sub-category)
  5. Choose, Audio - assets, then Library name
  • An column named Library Name should appear,
  1. Click on accoustic agent.
  2. On the right you should have about 21 kits (not bad), the first one is brother in needs.
  3. Choose one,
  4. Click on EDIT, and you can click on stuff to play it among other things.

Hope it help anyone.

Some of you still seem to struggle with this problem, so let me try and help by just describing where my files are on my system and where I got them from.

First of all, I did NOT do an upgrade, I did a full install on my PC (Windows 7 - 64 bit). The Cubase 8 upgrade file size was about 5 GB, but I found a full install file that is 9.1 GB. I figured that this file must by definition contain more content, because it is twice as big. To find it you have to log in on Steinberg.net in the MySteinberg section. (What was confusing to me is that I used a different account login for the Steinberg online shop, but anyway). Under MySteinberg, in the MyProducts section I managed to register my software. After that, a new tab appeared under MyProducts which is called “Downloads”. There you will find the full (9.1 GB) installer for both Windows and Mac.

Please wait before running it! Before you even use it, you are able to find all the vstsound files that Cubase included. This might be helpful for those of you who already updated but for some reason did not have all the vstsound sets. In the full installer download file, just go to Cubase 8 → Cubase 8 for Windows → Additional Content. In there you will find the VST Sound folder with all the vstsound sets in it. Mac users should be able to find them as well, although in different folders.

The next step would be to place them in the correct folders. I’m new to Cubase myself, so I don’t really know where everything is placed exactly, but I do know that it is not very straightforward. Nevertheless, this is what it looks like on my system. Try and open:

C:\Users[FILL IN YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content

Note: this is probably hidden content but using this link should get you there anyway. If not, make sure that Windows shows all hidden files. This works on my Windows 7 - 64 bit system. Other systems might have slightly different paths.

After I opened the location through this link, I see four folders:

Groove Agent
Halion
Padshop
VST Sound

What is a bit confusing to me is that the first three folders have their own VST Sound folders inside. So let me tell you what is where on my system:

• In the Groove Agent\VST Sound folder, there is only one set, called FCP_SMT_146_GA_Studio_Kit_Eco
  • In the general VST Sound folder I have more than twenty sets and one of them is called FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.

I have no idea why Steinberg puts some files in instrument specific VST Sound folders and others in the general VST Sound folder, but there you have it.

My recipe for those with missing or damaged sets is to get the full installer package, find the vstsound sets in the Additional Content folder and place them in the correct folders as described above. Hope this helps.

Here the first of the 21 presets is: “Break me down”.
Most of the presets sound almost the same to me though, each one loads 432 MB in memory.
Do they all use the same samples? The only things that change here, are the mixer settings and the grooves, as far as I can see?

Yes, “Load next kit” changes here Acoustic Agent to Beat Agent often and vise versa, though I only filtered “Studio Kit”.

YES! I’ve been struggling for two days with this crap and FINALLY. It went so far as about an hour ago I heard my mouth say “ah! screw this!!! I don’t need it!” and … me being me somehow auto pilot kicked in and now Tytune added the last missing piece of the puzzle.

I had no folder called “Groove Agent” as described above. Since I already had tried all the sane and reasonable stuff what did I have to lose? So I created a “Groove Agent” folder and put the following files in place …

C:\Users\HowlingUlf\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound
C:\Users\HowlingUlf\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_137_Groove_Agent_SE.vstsound

… and lo and behold. It worked!!! :astonished: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Don’t ask me why I choose those to files. I had sorta kinda already given up so I was just poking around. :mrgreen:

So … for Cubase Pro 9 … I don’t wish for anything! Just make proper installers, because they always make people feel like idiots, and this time it was my turn, although I’ve been lucky up until today. Now it works again … despite the installers from Steinberg. :unamused:

Works in both 32 and 64 bit versions of Cubase Pro now!

Hi Tytune

You are a God! (Why isn’t Cubase Pro 8 doing YOUR job! Or at least give you 10%!)

Note to Steinberg> You are brilliant for allowing us humble previous 6.5 users to upgrade to 8 pro and I really appreciate that because specifically after watching the ‘Acoustic Agent’ drums on youtube I thought it was worth it.

Where? There? Where? There? Where? There? (I am repeating in case you didn’t get it the first time, like me!)

What is the point of ‘selling’ this as the biggest new feature and then hiding it?

I also expected pro 8 to be backwards compatible but, forgive me for being a ‘fool’, I don’t know where you’ve hidden Groove Agent ONE. Don’t laugh so quickly, please. I know I have installed it. I have checked control panel. It IS there. (Are you still laughing?) So where IS it? I know it is in my downloads as an additional file too. But if it is already installed, forgive my ignorance, then why should I need to know how to install it again?

So Herr Steinberg, you are like a genius savant, to me today, but can you find your own ‘genius’ or ‘savant’??? Who left the map at home? Why do we need a map? Be honest, which intern was in charge of incorporating Groove Agent ONE and not incorporating it.

I love you guys because you prove that Steinberg is still human and makes mistakes like the rest of us. Thank goodness you don’t work for Space X, or maybe you do,… (Sorry, hehe…)

Any help with finding Groove Agent ONE in my system would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

This is great advice, thank you.

Unfortunately, thought Beat Agent shows in the left column, Acoustic Agent does not.

Anyone know how to get it there (see below, thanks)?

Thanks for all this, it looks great.

Unfortunately, when I did the part in bold red above, after hitting “download” it only showed download for Cubase AI7, not for my full Cubase 7.5.40. I downloaded it anyway, but “FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit” wasn’t in any of the folders.

Does anyone else know how I can get

FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.

? Once I get it I can put it in the right folder like Tytune says …

Thanks!

Hello,

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/installation-of-groove-agent-one-on-cubase-artist-8-or-later.html

The files can also be copied from another installation residing on the same machine. In this case you can just move the two files to the shared VST3 path, so that it is scanned by all Cubase versions without being copied to more than one folder.

Would someone be kind enough to please list the names of the Acoustic Agent kits? :slight_smile:

(The reason I ask is that in my Groove Agent there are a lot of kits that sound very “Acoustic”, like Maple, and even Pop Rock Kits 1 and 2. So I’m wondering even if I don’t have Acoustic Agent by name, if a lot of Acoustic Agent’s kits are included in my installation of Beat Agent.)

Thanks!