I can’t find the Key Command that let’s me input the Tempo in Cubase 6
I used it all the time in Cubase 5
This is one of three things

1. me overlooking the obvious
  2. a mistake that’s corrected in C6.0.1
  3. … w o r s e :astonished:

All right, guys! Tell me where it is. It’s not funny anymore! :cry:

Stop moaning willya? :wink: j/k

I will stop moaning and start mooning if you don’t behave! :smiling_imp: :mrgreen:

as if mooning is proper behavior, come to think of it … :blush:

Confirmed, it disappeared, we will look into it. (28107)

THAT … is proper behavior! Thanx! :sunglasses:

Hello…

This specific key command has been removed, it only worked as long as the Tempo was set to “Fixed”, not “Track”, not a good example in terms of consistency. For entering a Tempo in Fixed mode, there are several other ways possible. Double click with mouse to enter values, or by mouse wheel up/down, left-click and drag. Btw, “Track” is the default mode which means the key command never worked out-of-the-box.

Aaaaawww! :cry:

Oh, well. How often can you set a static tempo in a song? More of a bad habit.

There is a complete toolbox for doing just about anything I can imagine (plus some unimaginable as well, I’m sure) so maybe it’s not much of a loss!

Thanx for straighten the question mark out! Now I know.

This specific key command has been removed, it only worked as long as the Tempo was set to “Fixed”, not “Track”, not a good example in terms of consistency. For entering a Tempo in Fixed mode, there are several other ways possible. Double click with mouse to enter values, or by mouse wheel up/down, left-click and drag. Btw, “Track” is the default mode which means the key command never worked out-of-the-box.

Once upon a time, you were able to increase or decrease the tempo via up/down arrows. That functionality was removed back in what? SX2? SX3? All that was left was the Input Tempo key command and now that’s gone. OK, I can understand changing the up/down key functions to accommodate a more useful activity (Track/Part selection) or even de-assigning the Tempo Input as a defaulted key command…but did it have to removed entirely from the Key Commands list at all?

To me, the issue of “consistency” is irrelevant if a command like Input Tempo is defaulted unassigned in the list. Isn’t the whole idea of Key Commands about user customization? Wouldn’t leaving these sort of things unassigned, yet available in the list, better serve users who wishes to create a work flow that suits their particular needs?

Such a key command interferes with nothing, and those who do not wish to use it won’t, and need not ever know it is there. Those who do use it can still happily use it.

If you are talking about good engineering practices, it is always good to leave useful functionality alone if it does not interfere with some other function, right?

For me it would be very useful to have that key command, since i record a lot from behind the drums. I have a wireless keyboard from where i can do most functions i need! Exept changing the tempo, Why?? I do it all the time. I need to do it all the time to find the right tempo for a beat, song, whatever. And now i have to rise up, go the screen grab the mouse, and enter it… When it would be so easy if you could assign for example, arrows + - +alt, shift whatever. No I can’t see the screen from behind the drums. I have a big screen but very faulty eyes and have to use different glasses for different situations. So Please! <3 Peace and Love! But just do it!

Where? Please specify, Can’t find such a function, or any possibility to assign a key command to change the tempo up and down. Everything else seem to be possible without any problem. But not that?? Why? And if it’s there… Where, please tell how to do it, Thank You!

Now the easiest way is: Shift +T, raise up from the drums, go the screen so I can find the tempo box, grab the mouse double click the numbers. ex. 120.00. Or skip the shift+t, since you are already at the computer so you can find it at the transport bar.