Where should I find my cubase activation code?

Hi!

Last year, I bought Cubase Elements 11 and they emailed me a “Download Access Code”, which I’ve successfuly used on the Steinberg Download Assistant. Back then, I was using Windows 10 and this year I’ve decided to upgrade to Windows 11.

Today, I decided to install Cubase again. I Downloaded the Steinberg Download Assistant and downloaded Cubase Elements 11 but when I opened Cubase, it said “Insert activation code”. However, I don’t remember how I got that second code.
I also, can’t seem to make the reactivation process, since the website says “There is no Soft-eLicenser to reactivate.”

How should I proceed?

Please run the eLicenser Control Center and check if your Cubase Elements 11 license is present.

Did you reinstall your Operating System or get a new computer recently?

I switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Also changed some hardware

So… Apparently, nobody knows…

I guess I lost my software, right?

Cool

Please make sure that you’re signed in to the correct MySteinberg account. If you registered your Soft-eLicenser, then your Cubase Elements license should be listed in this page:
https://o.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html

If you can’t see it, please get in touch with your local Steinberg/Yamaha distributor:
https://www.steinberg.net/distribution/

For as long as you have proof of purchase, your license should be recoverable.

Note that Cubase 12 has switched to a new licensing system, which gets rid of the reactivation process. To use Cubase 12 on a new computer, all you would have to do is sign-in to the Steinberg Activation Manager.

Please make sure that you’re signed in to the correct MySteinberg account.

I only have one steinberg account, but thanks.

If you registered your Soft-eLicenser, then your Cubase Elements license should be listed in this page:
https://o.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html

My software is not listed on this page, and I don’t know why.

If you can’t see it, please get in touch with your local Steinberg/Yamaha distributor:
Become a Steinberg Reseller | Steinberg

When I got in touch with them, they literally said this:

Please proceed with the reactivation of the software following the steps below:

1. Reinstall the Software on your machine.
  2. Open the “e-Licenser Control Center” software
  3. Copy the new soft e-Licenser number generated after installation.
  4. Log into your MySteinberg account
  5. Click the “REACTIVATE” button
  6. Select the old soft e-Licenser which was lost when formatting the machine and continue. If you cannot find the soft e-Licenser, please register it in your account before proceeding.
  7. Paste the new soft e-Licenser number generated after installation in the appropriate place.
  8. Proceed.
  9. A new Activation Code will be generated.
  10. In the “e-Licenser Control Center” click on “Enter Activation Code”
  11. Enter the activation code received and complete the activation.

After the above steps your software will be reactivated.

Can’t proceed with Step 6. The old e-Licenser does not show up. So, I registered the new one. When I click on “Reactivate”, I get the following message: “There is not Soft-eLicenser to reactivate”. And thus, there is no generated number.
Steinberg’s page says “No products found on this eLicenser”, which I guess it’s bc it’s a new one.

I will try to get in touch again with the local Steinberg/Yamaha distributor, but I’m not sure what I’m supposed to ask them. Can you provide more info?

To be fair, they only gave me the Steinberg Download Assistant code to download the product. I don’t remember how I got the actual Cubase code (which is different from the Steinberg Download Assistant code)

Did Support send you a new Download Access Code when you contacted them? If so, then you just have to enter it into the Steinberg Download Assistant, and it will add a Cubase Elements 11 license to the eLicenser Control Center.

If you purchased your original license from the Steinberg Shop, you should be able to see your eLicenser activation code here:
https://shop.steinberg.net/c2/shop?mode=stmt

This code can only be used once, but you might be able to register it to your MySteinberg account (see “Registering via used (!) Activation Codes”):

If you successfully register it, then you’ll be able to reactivate Cubase Elements by following the steps they sent you.

If you still need to contact Support, tell them that your Soft-eLicenser/Cubase activation hasn’t been registered to your MySteinberg account, so you can’t follow the Reactivation steps.