where should the unisono text appear?

Hey,
I have run into following, I find not optimal function, in the divisi and unisono stuff.
In my simplified example (screenshots) if I put the "restore unison when the Violins start to play unisono again, the unis.-text is placed right, but in the part I lose space, because for all the breaks there is still two staves as long as the unison has not been restored.
If I want to save the space and put the unison earlier (as soon as the divisi is done), the unis.-text is of course at the wrong place. I save space, but have to potentially hide one unis.-text and place the other one where the violins start playing again.
See my issue?
cheers

I would put unis. above the measure where the violins play. Does that work for you?

Welcome to the forum, Olav. You should create the restorative “unis.” as soon as the divisi section is finished. That way if the return to unison occurs at the start of the system, you will get only one staff for the system.

I agree with Olav that the unis. indication is best placed where the musicians start playing again, not at the beginning of the multi-bar rest. There are workarounds, of course (shift-X), but it would be nice if Dorico would know to show the unis. where it’s actually needed.

thanks for the replies, I have found my workarounds. One can also do as Daniel wrote, and then move one of the unis.-texts in engraving mode and hide the other one with costume text and a space in there. Still, PjotrB got my point. I think in any case the unis.-text should only appear above the next note, that is played and not before.

So, is the decision to put unis. 1-immediately after div. or 2-right before the strings play again? #2 makes more sense to me. That is how I would do artic. marks.

Exactly…that’s the standard in scores…however as it is now, I have to hide the Unis. Made by Dorico, and then create a new „Unis.“ player label text, where I need it…a bit of a facepalm situation but thank god there is keyboard maestro right?…well let’s hope for the future…there are quite a few of these „issues“…