Where to obtain ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver?

Yes, See the last two steps above. ASIO link is a bit tricky on this.

You’ll need to make sure the LOOPER OUT rack is enabled in ASIO Link so you can get everything routed to the app(s) or output(s) you desire.

Notice in your system tray that each time you start an ASIO app that uses ASIO Link for output/input, a new instance of the router panel gets put in your system tray.

Connect the INPUTS for a given app in his own ASIO Link router instance.

Connect the OUTPUTS for ALL of the apps in the asiolinktool.exe instance of the ASIO Link router panel to looper channels (if you need to get it into another app from its own router) and/or to the audio device outputs desired.

IF OSD Studio does NOT give you a fresh ASIO Link panel in the system tray despite having connected it to an ASIO Link driver/device, then it must be using one of the non ASIO driver protocols (Speakers and Mix ASIOVADPRO drivers). In that case, be sure you have OSD Studio set to use one of the (Speakers XX ASIOVADPRO) drivers for the outputs. I think you can have up to 4 of these VADPRO WDM devices. Each ASIOVADPRO MIX can serve up to 8 channels (surround sound where applicable). Now the singal should be in the top row of channels “ASIOVADPRO SPEAKERS IN” where you can connect it to things (Remember, if you want it going to the audio device, use the asiolinktool.exe (unlike ASIO apps, they won’t blink with audio unless connected to something that ultimately ends up on an audio device output…needs a clock signal). If you want it going into an ASIO app, use the panel for that app from the system tray). If you want it going into another app that is using a non ASIO driver (ASIOVADPRO), again, connect it via the asiolinktool.exe router.)

If you want that going into Cubase, you’d look in the cubase.exe router panel in the system tray, and connect it to one of your Cubase inputs.

If you’d rather have it go straight to the outputs of your Audio device, then go back to the asiolinktools.exe instance of the router, and connect it that way (too, or instead…you can connect to more than one thing at the same time).

If you want Cubase going to OSD Studio, then you’ll route that from the asiolinktool.exe instance of the router.

If you’re still lost, can you put up a screen shot showing what drivers for output/input you have OSD Studio to use?

P.S.
Sometimes a non ASIO app doesn’t have an internal way of setting its outputs and inputs, but instead hooks in straight to the Windows desktop/mixer (direct windows drivers?) I.E. Sometimes I want to send my web browser striaght into a DAW, totally bypassing the main Windows desk-top MIX to record something cleanly (no extraneous windows beeps and bleeps from other apps getting in the mix).

If that’s your case check here.

Right click your speaker icon on the windows tool bar.
Choose open sound settings.
Scroll down to Advanced Sound Options and click “App volume and device preferences”.

Whatever direct windows apps you have running will show up in this list, and you can set it to use one of the ASIOVADPRO drivers. It’ll be remembered until you change it here.

In this case, I’ve now routed Firefox to use the second set of channels (ASIOVAPRO SPEAKERS IN Link). NOTE: Web browsers often open multiple mixer connections, particularly when playing vidoes, or opening new tabs/windows, so it might require revisits to this panel to get the correct routing of the desired stream(s). Also notice how I’ve connected 6 lines there to my speakers at outputs 1&2…I did that because I don’t have surround sound speakers, just stereo, but sometimes I encounter videos and such that send 6 channels…so now I can hear them all.

I found a solution!

My original plan was to install Cubase 7 and check what drivers are installed with this, as Cubase 7 was the first version I bought and is the one that came with the Full Duplex driver. Unfortunately though, my copy was in storage and it would cost money to retrieve.

Originally I couldn’t find the Steinberg archive of older products, because they were in a specific section of their website under unsupported products.

So when a friend pointed me in the right direction to the archive, I downloaded an ISO of Cubase 7 from their site, installed that, and voila! Full Duplex Driver! And it works perfectly! Very low latency and full access to audio across my entire system, and it even picks up in OBS Studio!

And then it dawned on me, the reason why my 8.5 version on my laptop has this driver, is because I also have Cubase 7 installed and didn’t realize they were 2 separate installations all along lol.

After installing 8.5 again on my PC and testing it, it works like a dream!

Thanks for all your help though, i’m going to study ASIO Link Pro as well, and turns out my friend has a use for it as well!

That’s great news.

If it’s the Steinberg ASIO bridge, you could probably use that with ASIO Link in place of ASIO4ALL as well. For those cases where you need to virtual cable apps together :slight_smile:

Hello,

I can see this is an old thread but I was looking for a solution myself and found a way to get the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex driver working with Cubase 11.0 64bit and Windows 10 21H2, so even if late I hope it helps you.

The key is to obtain a proper “asiodxfd.dll” file for Cubase 64 bit and copy it to “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Asio”. However DO NOT search and download random DLL files from Internet!!! That’s dangerous and not advisable at all.

So this is what I did, but I would suggest you to do this in a separate computer to avoid the possibility of damaging your current Cubase installation or other Steinberg software in your production system.

Alternatively I think that if you copy the file “asiodxfd.dll” created during Cubase 6.0 64bit installation into to your production system with Cubase 11 “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Asio” folder it should also work without having to be installing/uninstalling software in your main production computer.

I hope this helps. Best regards.