Which Steinberg mobile apps are Android-supported?

Hi everyone,

If this is not in the correct forum, please redirect my post. Alternatively, if there’s already a thread in existence covering the following, please kindly link me to it.

I’d like to find out which of the following apps are Android supported. Please kindly take a look at the following Apple-compatibility list, as originally listed on Steinberg’s website under the mobile apps section:

• Cubase iC Pro: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

• Cubasis 2: iPad

• Cubasis LE 2: iPad

• dspMixFx: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

• LoopMash: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

• LoopMash HD: iPad

• Nanologue: iPad

• Smart Click: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

• Studio Pass for VST Connect Pro: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

• VST Connect Performer: iPad

Thank you.

Regards,
JD

P.S. This is STRICTLY for those who maintain the Steinberg website: Cubasis LE 2’s Apple link isn’t working while LoopMash & LoopMash HD’s Apple links are missing from their respective web pages. I’m just letting you know! :mrgreen:

This is the Cubase forum, you may want to post this in the Cubasis forum.

It seems like someone already moved it

Thanks for the heads-up though.

Hi JD,

Thanks for your message.

As of yet, all our apps are compatible with iOS.
We constantly monitor the market to check the options to support other platforms in the future.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

This I have clearly noticed. It’s a real pity that we’re seeing such bad support for the Android platform (no offense). Don’t get me wrong, I love Apple, but I hate feeling forced to buy it. I don’t tend to stick to the same platform every generational-upgrade, but I feel like a lot of app developers out there are forcing us to stick with Apple unless we’re OK with losing virtually ALL app functionality (which I’m clearly not). Why is this? Can anyone perhaps fill me in on why we’re seeing such poor support for Android? Is there really no market? I strongly doubt this. Quite preposterous if you ask me. :frowning: Does Apple have some kind of monopoly on these things and are they forcing app developers to support them EXCLUSIVELY and at the expensive of other mobile phone companies. I’m getting all conspiratorial now, haha, but I can’t quite wrap my head around this! :laughing:

Seriously though, I was really considering getting a Samsung phone-upgrade this generation, but now I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting Apple once again because I’m stuck with it because of app-exclusivity. This is REALLY upsetting to say the least… :cry:

Maybe, it’s because the Apple platform is reliable, that the developers focus there. Apple can’t “force” anyone to do anything. If anyone should be accused of that, it would be the developers, but I’m sure that "forcing’ is their motivation.

Apple just WORKS!

Just a thought here - and sorry for bumping this… In the case of “Studio Pass” for VST Connect Pro it seems to me that it’s in a different category from most or all of the other apps. Where the other apps are ‘directly creative’ tools Studio Pass really isn’t. It is instead a tool for communication.

In my experience users today have a wide array of hardware they use and within the content production community it’s actually not obvious that everyone uses an iOS device. There are going to be people that work in advertising that aren’t directly content creators on a technical level but instead decision makers that may want to monitor VO and ADR sessions.

Right now I’ve done sessions ranging from ADR to interviews to VO/narration, and they’ve all been using Zoom. Proposing something like Studio Pass would be great except it doesn’t make sense to also then mandate that the clients all use iOS.

So just wondering if that has been considered at all and if there has been any movement at all toward Android?

Hi @MattiasNYC,

Thanks for your message.

You’ve been replying to a topic where the latest response is from July 2019. In the meantime we’ve released Cubasis for Android… :slight_smile:

Also, this is the Cubasis forum, where we discuss all things Cubasis. You may repost your comment in the appropriate forum.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars