Which version for Windows 7 64 bit?

Hi all, completely new to Cubase so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question.

I signed up for the Cubase 11 Elements trial and my 30 period is ticking away, however when I tried to install the software it told me Win7 is not supported so I upgraded to Win10.

That’s when I found that the Roland drivers for my older synths no longer work and Win10 drivers are not provided. So I’ve had to revert back to Win7 64 bit, but of course that means I can’t install Cubase 11.

And so we arrive at my question: which is the latest version of Cubase that I can install on Win7 64 bit? And does that also have a trial period or must I pay up front?

Thanks for any advice you can offer,
Regards
Ian

You can install Cubase 11 on Win7 by hacking the registry to see your computer as Windows 10.

How to install Cubase 11 in Windows 8.1 (Steinberg Cubase 11) - YouTube

Argh - that doesn’t seem to work :confused:. I’ve modifed the registry entry and re-started the installer but it still reports an unsupported o/s - installation error 1603.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
ProdcutName=Windows 10 pro

Regards

Ian

For the benefit of anyone else who finds themselves stuck with Win7 for any reason, I couldn’t get the Win 10 hack to work so instead I purchased a Cubase 11 Elements licence from Steinberg. Their Customer Support team assured me it would also work with Cubase 10 Elements so I’ve installed v10 and am happy to report that it’s all working fine under Windows 7 64 bit.
Problem solved!