Whole score selection with multiple flows

The main reason why I tend to still use Sibelius for music arranging is that you can very easily select the whole score and transpose it in one go. This seems to be almost impossible in Dorico if you have multiple flows and becomes much more time consuming. There are many things to like in Dorico but until select whole score or multiple flows is implemented Sibelius remains my music processing software of choice.

This can be made slightly easier with a Script:

You need to set the number of flows to the number in your project.

local app=DoApp.DoApp()
app:doCommand([[Edit.GoToFlow?FlowID=0]])
numberOfFlows=3
for i=1,numberOfFlows do
	app:doCommand([[Edit.SelectAll]])
	app:doCommand([[Edit.TransposeSelection]])
	app:doCommand([[Edit.GoToNextFlow]])
end

This will bring up the Transpose dialog each iteration, but it retains the settings you use the first time, so you just have to press Enter for each subsequent flow. Even with 100 flows, it should take less than a minute.

But presumably, you’re not using “Flows” in Sibelius (because it can’t).??? So why use them in Dorico, unless that provides you with some productivity benefit that Sibelius doesn’t give you?

1 Like

In Dorico one could write the entire piece as one flow and then split the flows off later.

I agree that it would be helpful to be able to transpose all of the flows in a project. We’ll see about implementing this in future.

1 Like

That would be great.