Why am I getting this Script error list every time I start CB12?

Win10 build 19044.1889, CB12.0.40.

Since CB12 was installed here about a month ago, every time I load a project I see this list of Script errors for devices I don’t even own.

I clear the list, then load another project, and the list of errors it back. Always the same list of errors, no matter which project I load.

Why am I seeing this?

And how can I stop this ugly occurance?

Try this.

Go to this folder:

Mac: /Users/<Username>/Documents/Steinberg/Cubase/MIDI Remote/Driver Scripts
Windows: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Steinberg\Cubase\MIDI Remote\Driver Scripts

Then delete the Public folder. This will force Cubase to rebuild these files next time you start it.

Thanks for that.

Deleting the Public folder got rid of the error messages.

The Public folder did not regenerate on the next launch/project load, but maybe that’s because I’m not using any scripts.

I assume if I had been using scripts, then they would have been deleted too, which others should be careful of if following these instructions?

The Public folder is used exclusively by the factory scripts. It’s supposed to be overwritten every time you start Cubase.

The Local folder is used for User scripts.

The fact that the Public folder wasn’t restored when you started Cubase seems to point at some kind of permissions issue. Are you running Cubase as Administrator? That’s not recommended.

I am an admin on the system, but I am not launching Cubase with Admin rights.