Why can't I route FX channels into a group channel?

Hello
I’m using Cubase 9 Artist in Windows 10.
I’m trying to route a number of Fx channels into a single group channel, but the software doesn’t seem to allow it. The only routing options are to the main stereo outputs.
Is this a feature or am I doing something wrong?
many thanks
Rick

If you have not created any feedback loop routing, then it is a Cubase Pro only feature.

Ok, that makes sense, many thanks

This is not possible in Cubase Pro either. You can, however, send groups and/or FX channels to further FX channels, which achieves the same thing.

Not for me – in most of my sessions (Cubase Pro) I have multiple FX channels that I route to single Groups. The only reason why you wouldn’t be able to is if it would create a feedback loop for some reason, as svennilenni mentioned.

You probably have FX sends on the group, even if they’re not enabled you can’t route and FX to the group until you remove the FX send. You may also have a preference set which automatically adds FX sends to any newly created channel, which is how the groups got the FX sends in the first place. But I’d leave this preference on as it’s quite useful for normal channels, then just try to remember to turn off FX sends for special FX groups.

Mike.

Yes, it is possible to route FX to Groups, my Templates are set up that way, never had issues.

Sure it is. Unless you have a feedback loop routing as I wrote earlier.

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes!). I do, indeed, have FX sends automatically set-up, which is why I have never been able to do this! Still learning after all these years :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip!

I don’t know since what version does it work…

I just tried some month ago, and it works on some FX’s channels, but not at all.
I have to recreate some FX’s channels to work, on my Template… Maybe my template is very old, I don’t know…

Now I figure it out the ‘rule’, it was some sends that were routed to the same groups…