Why does it bump me up to the top of my session very time...

…I open a folder

Bump…

…also can I make it so every time I stop(spacebar) it doesn’t shoot over to where I originally started? I know I can toggle auto scroll or turn off “return to start position on stop” but I like both to be on

That sounds a bit like this issue: Musical Pitching - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums, what version of C6 are you using?

Regarding your second request, there’s no solution afaik. The whole idea with auto-scroll is that the transport should be visible at all times, so that you don’t have to waste time looking for it by scrolling manually when jumping to markers, returning to start on stop, entering the transport position manually etc. etc. I’d guess that many users see the auto-scroll as just “the feature that makes the screen follow the transport when playing or recording” but forget its useability in stop mode.
My solution is to have a key command for “return to start position” instead of enabling the “return to start position on stop”-preference, and combine it’s usage with toggling auto-scroll on or off.

Maybe you could post a feature request for separate auto-scroll behaviour in stop and play mode?

/A