Why does variaudio in Nuendo work differently than in Cubase?

When I select a note in variaudio in Nuendo during playback, the playback stops, and in Cubase does not stop and I can hear both the selected note and the playback of the track or the entire project. I want Nuendo to be like Cubase.

Did you check if “Solo” on the top left of the editor is selected?

When I select a note in variaudio in Nuendo during playback, the playback STOPS, and in Cubase does NOT STOP and I can hear both the selected note and the playback of the track or the entire project. the solo button has nothing to do with it.

Are you talkin about the solo button on the track or the solo button inside the very audio editor?

You know there are two different solo buttons involved, right?

What’s solo got to do with it? I’m talking about stopping playback when an event is highlighted.

OK, sorry. The Solo button inside Vari-audio has caused similar issues for some people because it can behave oddly at times.

I think there is a speaker button in the variaudio editor. If that is on it will play the audio of whatever note is selected thus interrupting playback I think.

The speaker button has nothing to do with it. Playback still stops when an event is highlighted. This is a feature of variaudio in Nuendo. It’s always been that way. I just don’t understand why they did it. If it wasn’t for this annoying feature, I would only use Nuendo and refuse Cubase, and so I have to use Cubase for tuning vocals and update two programs. Probably it is made specially from mercenary motives of the developer, otherwise I do not know what to explain. Hey, developers, will your explanations be or will you continue to ignore my post?

There must be a preference or toggle for that behavior. Nuendo does not stop when I select an event or even when I click on the event to play the note with the speaker icon enabled, playback of the project continues straight through regardless.

Maybe slow down a little bit and don’t jump to conclusions before asking a few more questions?

I could swear I read something different at first. If you did not edited your original question, then my bad.
There is an option in Transport Control to Stop the audio while rewinding. It maybe irrelevant (again) but give it a try in the Transport section.

I found the reason for the difference in transport operation in variaudio in Nuendo and Cubase. It’s all about the “Audition” button. If you need to click it with the mouse in Cubase, then in Nuendo it is enabled by the start\stop key. So instead of playing the entire mix, I only hear the track being edited. I had to assign a separate key to START, but it’s not as convenient as in Cubase. I still can’t understand the meaning of this distinction. If it is not difficult, make it possible to switch between transport options in the audio editor at the level of the program settings.

Again, you are describing SOLO, 100% - the red button top left when you are in Vary-audio.

I’ve been using Nuendo and Cubase since versions 1.0, more than 20 years, and you tell me about the "solo"button. If I say that they work differently, it means that they do.

This Thread has been confusing. I think several of us trying to help you have still not completely understood what you’re saying and the post I quote above displays why.

Are you saying that, using NUENDO:

1. When you click a note in the Vari-audio Editor, EVERYTHING stops playing?

OR

1. When you click a note in the Vari-audio Editor, the MIX stops playing but the TRACK you are editing continues to play?

Your posts do not seem to make that distinction clear which is why this thread has been less helpful than it could be. Your post I quote above seems different than your original post, at least to me and apparently some others.

Your original post says:
“When I select a note in variaudio in Nuendo during playback, the playback stops”.

Which is different than what you say in the quote above. If the MIX stops but the TRACK you’re editing continues to play. then it most certainly does involve the Solo function. That’s what Solo does.

OK. Cubase and Nuendo have an Audition button in the VariAudio. So in Cubase it must be pressed with the mouse, and in Nuendo it is triggered when you press the Start/Stop key (space in my case). And there is no way to assign a hotkey to the Audition button, so you have to assign a separate hotkey to START playing the full mix, which is not very convenient. If you have both programs, just try it and you will understand what I’m talking about.