Why doesn't Cubase like Acustica Audio plugins?

It’s working much better now.

Long time Cubase user here searching for support on this topic. I also struggle with Acustica usage on Cubase. VST Performance tops out way before my actual CPU resources. Activity Monitor on Mac is as low as 20% and Cubase is maxed. From what I’ve researched this an ASIO bottleneck, and thus a challenge with Cubase’s architecture to support the rise of these much more demanding plug ins. For this reason Reaper runs alot more Acustica on systems of the same specs. If there is a solution I would love to find it as I love Cubase and Acustica plugs are unbelievably good. It seems that upgrading computers won’t help. I have $5k machine going to waste here. Any help or work arounds greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John.

1 Like

I have just installed few Acustica Audio free plugins and… is it just me? when I click on/off buttons it takes like 1 second to be done…? would this be AA’s end issue…?

Even on the latest Cubase 12 Pro… it lags like I have never experienced before…?
Anyone found issue…?

Acustica plugins are not like the usual plugins as they are modelled in a different way and use impulse responses to reproduce the performance of the compressor, eq etc. This is why the download files are massive compared to other equivalent plugins. The early versions of their plugins had a reputation for having a great sound but the gui being slow and cumbersome to use. I was going to download the freeby on offer with Cubase until I saw the 600mg sized download. Thank you for the warning. Now at least I can avoid the expense and possible disappointment.