Why Helge Vogt is smiling in his avatar..

Bread and butter?

Right on. Good perspective.

maybe Becks Beer too ! ? :smiley:

outrageous!

• 1 !!!

I think they drink Holsten in Hamburg, not Becks (which is what they drink in Bremen, a place rather strange to Hamburg people).

And, Helge, admit it, the background of your picture was heavily edited to make the world seem brighter! You villain!

Once again: nobody is extracting any money from anyone. Cubase 5 works just as well as it always did. You don’t need to pay any money for it to keep on working just fine.

I do also think he’s smiling because he is working on a terrific product. I also came from the 2-inch-time, and there weren’t 8 insert effects on each channel back then, unless you had 64 effect processing machines in your rack. Cubase really IS amazing, and something nobody could dream of back in the olden “studio” days with reel machines, later ADAT cascades and stuff like that.

One small thing I would also like to mention, since the topic is referring to Helge Vogt, is that long time Cubase users will remember that some years ago there was not a big amount of feedback from Steinberg in the forums.

This is changed. People like Helge are here, they are active and they listen to the users and their needs. I don’t know about you guys but I really appreciate this feedback from a company (for example see the “bounce in place” topic ).
How many software companies have someone who actually WORKS for the company chiming in and say “let us know what you need” ? If you are a Logic user you know what I’m talking about.

How long ago was 6.5 released? And I thought that I paid $0 for the upgrade…maybe I was eligible for a grace period update? I got it in early January this year.

Why Helge Vogt is smiling? Perhaps he’s just happy spending time with his dad… :sunglasses: .

Mauri.

I see 6.5 as in intermediate ‘I want a part of C7 now’ update, which is reflected in the update prices. I just happened to take a € 50 advance on C7, which people going from 6 to 7 now will pay anyway. The only flaw in the system is the lucky ones who upgraded to 6.5 after 25th October, since they go from 6 to 7 for only that € 50.

My thoughts too, and also, that he likes working at Steinberg, pretty sure I would too…

I have said it before, but I will say it again because it is worth being said. Giving your money to a business out of loyalty is for suckers. Make them earn your money. Every single time. Loyalty is for things like spouses and countries. Additionally, If you stayed with Cubase because it is the best product or best value, then that is not really loyalty. You did it because it was in YOUR best interest. Loyalty is when you are propositioned by someone younger, better looking, and with more money, but you turn them down due to loyalty to your spouse. Or when another country offers you money for secrets and you refuse out of loyalty to your country even though you are NOT being paid to keep the secrets. I think people often want discounts out of “loyalty” when they have not really been loyal, they were just doing what was in their own best interest. From the vendor’s point of view, I would assume they would rather people were buying their product because it is the best, not because they are loyal. Loyalties can change in a heartbeat, but having the best product will guarantee continued sales. “Loyalty” programs are really for companies with inferior products that are trying to keep their customers from jumping ship to a better competitor.
Just my thoughts on the subject… :slight_smile:
Sincerely,
J.L.

Helge is smiling because he drank the green Kool-aid. :wink: