Why is a direct upgrade from Artist 10.0 to Pro 10.5 more expensive?

Hi all,

I am considering an upgrade from my Artist 10.0 version to Pro 10.5…
If I do that directly, I pay 330,= according to the Steinberg web site…
If I upgrade to Artist 10.5 first, and then to Pro 10.5, I pay 300,=, so 30 euros less…

Why is that? Note that I raised ticket #236409 for this about two weeks ago, but so far no reaction from Steinberg Support…

Thanks for your feedback…

Hi and welcome,

I think the reason is to make the upgrade as simple as possible. So all upgrades from former Cubase Artist to current Cubase Pro have the same price. Upgrade from the current Cubase Artist is cheaper as exception. If it wouldn’t be simple as this, there would need to be a long list of versions etc. Just my two cents.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response…It might be simpler for Steinberg, but for the customer it is more complex…I will surely chose the cheap path at the expense for having to upgrade twice…I guess it is what it is :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Marinko

Hi,

I was thinking it so that it’s easier for the users, because they don’t have to think, which Cubase version do they have. You would be surprise, how many times the users don’t know, which license exactly do they have and buy a wrong upgrade.

Hi Martin,

I don’t see why that is relevant for the price difference…if users don’t know the details of their current license, they have a problem upgrading anyway. Making the “easy” upgrade more expensive to the end user still remains a bit of a mystery for me…but 'nuff said…life should have some mysteries, I guess :slight_smile:

Just choose the less expensive path and then you can stop wondering about it…