Why is Cubase called Cubase?

A rows by any other name will smell as sweet

You won’t see SQLite as a seperate process … ACID, on the other hand, uses Microso$t SQL Server Express, which is a complete hog. The file “mediabay3.db” in the Prefs folder is a SQLite file.

Sorry, can’t resist…there’s also the Pajero for anyone who like making up non-words in Spanish.

I’m with Fizbin; it doesn’t seem to mean anything at all. Then along came Wavelab and eventually Sequel…

Aloha D,
and tanx for that explanation.

{‘-’}

However it came about seems quite an interesting subject. I guess i think that however it came about, it works. Its a completely cool name. Cubase rocks!

Noted. Makes sense, what you’re saying now.

“Why is Cubase called Cubase?”

RTFM !!!

:mrgreen:

The great thing about the name Cubase is that it’s unique and there is nothing in the DAW/Music/Audio/Sonic/Studio world you can confuse it with, unlike Sonar and Live, which is good for search engine optimization if nothing else haha. And I haven’t even mentioned Pro Tools … well, I guess I have now … :confused:

I’m really really glad and grateful that Cubase is NOT called Cubit.
Time heals.
Thank god, thank you Steinberg.

:wink:

:sunglasses:

Haha… they should have called it RTFMbase :laughing:

Newbie …

I used Pro-16 on the C64 :ugeek: , it was a huge step up from the horrible Moog Song Producer software but KCS came out just a few weeks later and was so much better that I did not even bother to try Cubase until CAF, I was for some reason utterly convinced that KCS was still better (it wasn’t), and funnily enough I still use CAF on an occasion as a MIDI sequencer if I need rock solid timing, synched to C6, and once a year KCS on the Atari as well for stupid MIDI tricks like overflowing the input buffer on a TX7…

Could also be fannyknob or even sphincterschlong!

My guess is that at the time very popular database dBase was a inspiration for the name.

In that case Karl Steinberg must have been The Greatest Idiot of this planet! (I don’t think he was / is) Nobody would have named his/her product after that piece of junk!

(this was written by someone, who waited couple of years just to be able to finish a mandatory university course by using a “modern” SQL system instead of a &%#$ dBase)

Cubase 6 is called such because it follows Cubase 5

That ys all

allen

There was only one SQL system available at the time for PC’s, IBM’s Database Manager (aka DB/2) running on OS/2 1.x, SQL style database engines not really suited to running on single tasking operating systems like IBM-DOS, Mac Finder and GEM, no-one had heard of it in the PC world, so perfectly logical to name a product after the most used business software of the day.

Wow Pro 24 on a Atari 1040
now those were the days.
MIDI Routers and SMPTE Time code for the tape machine.
I don’t remember the Cubit name I remember that VST was part of
the name too?
Musically
Terry

No, VST was almost a decade later, you are thinking of Cubasis that was the equivalent of today’s Cubase essentials/elements

Speaking of Pro-16, someone is selling a C64 Midi interface on eBay, complete with a “unofficial” copy of Pro-16 2.3, piracy of music software clearly not a new thing …

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMODORE-64-MIDI-INTERFACE-SOFTWARE-/220949858539?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item3371a348eb#ht_500wt_1413