Why is jbridge better than vstbridge

Doesnt Waves work in Jbridge?

I must add a line for this cool jBridge tool I just installed on my new win7 64 with C5 setup.
jBridge worked well for some plugins (like Voxengo, Crysonic) when VSTBridge would crash.
It’s nice there are some alternatives out there.
I dream of that day when there will be no hassle anymore with software problems, crashes, incompatibilities and so on… Probably not a chance :stuck_out_tongue:

Both would be redundant if you all complained at the proper forums.
ie: The company support forums that haven’t updated THEIR products to work in a 64 bit environment leaving other companies like Steinberg to do you the favour of bridging the mess for them. They must be having a laugh at all their irate customers banging on the wrong door.

Another conspiracy theory? Is J-bridge set up as an easy cop-out by several companies to save writing 64bit versions of their very expensive software.?

For me the Steinberg VSTbridge does a good job for some plug-ins (Addictive Drums), but others (Crysonic and especially IK Multimedia’s Sample Tank) won’t work right.
I have purchased jBridge but haven’t installed it, since I’m afraid to get things to become more complicated…

I am hoping for either the plug-in companies to update to 64-bit versions soon or for the VST-bridge to improve (the latter being more unlikely, I guess).

Sample Tank not working right is really a problem for me since I want to use that plug in a lot, but Sample Tank 3 will be out some time and it will be 64bit, so then my problem will be solved…

There is already a 64 bit version of addictive drums that works fine on a windows 7 64 bit rig here.
Hippo

I know, but it’s a beta version.
But as I said above, I have had no problems with Addictive Drums, it runs just fun with the VSTbridge. It’s Sample Tank that causes problems…