Why is Kontakt Blocked?

Hello,

Why is “Kontakt Portable x64” listed as a blocked plug-in?

In general, all VST2 plug-ins are blocked in Dorico on first start up. If you want to use them you have to move them yourself to the list of allowed plug-ins (aka whitelist).
Only NotePerformer and Kontakt are an exception, they are already on the whitelist because they are so widely used with Dorico.

Plus, in the latest version, Kontakt is VST3!

B.

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I believe Kontakt Portable may not be a legitimate version of Kontakt. References I’ve found for it online appear to show that it is some kind of cracked version of the plug-in. I’m not accusing you of using pirated software, but I would urge caution and check that you are using legitimate software, as using pirated or cracked software greatly increases the risk of malware, viruses and other undesirable outcomes.

3 Likes

I was going to ask what Kontakt Portable was as I’d never hear of it. Looks like I may have an answer

I wasn’t aware of this until now, this is useful information. You’re completely right. I had the wrong version installed, thanks for the help!