Why is REALTIME Time Stretch Tool Algorithm Still Broke?

Setting Time Stretch Tool Algorithm in Preferences Editing Audio to be REALTIME, then selecting an audio part with the time stretch tool pointer, dragging the part shorter isn’t real time. The part would increase in pitch, instead the tool is using 1 of the algos which keeps the audio at pitch.

I’ve cried about issues here for some years now, anyone care to expand?

Also, Infoline bar at the top under Algorithm (next to musical mode), being able to select REALTIME here where Elastique and Standard are, would be a nice extra feature. I believe the bug might be related to this, the Time Stretch tool only uses whatever is selected there, even not in musical mode, regardless to the setting for the tool in preferences.

Thank you

1 Like

Can anyone add more insight to this? Do I need to open a ticket with Steinberg? Any links to relative threads?

Thank you

I have been using the forum as well and not seen any solution. As for opening a ticket with Steinberg usually is very futile. I had tickets that took YEARS to get even a first answer.

Anyway, I upvotes this issue, as it is getting a source of TOP annoyance for me. I am editing vocals, 15 or more vocal tracks to align, and every single click on any of these parts gives me that message. And it takes a second to go away. So if the algorithm has been deactivated, SO WHAT!! I don’t want to see that same error every single time.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve had issues with this for years, I think they’re ignoring it.

Can others please confirm this is actually broken or if I’m just being a complete idiot.

Cubase 12 is still the same.

Thank you