Why is the UR Series macOS v4.02b driver not available on the Steinberg site?

This is ridiculous. I downloaded the “official” v3.14 driver for my Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio interface to use with my new Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro with 64GB of RAM and a 2TB NVMe drive running macOS Ventura. Of course, the driver didn’t work and the audio was totally garbled.

So I had to navigate my way to the Steinberg forums and root around to find a beta driver (v4.02b) that actually works. Why is this driver not listed in the Hardware section of the official Steinberg site? Who gives a crap whether the driver is still in beta? That sure beats searching the entire Internet to find the correct driver.

EPIC FAIL.

And you did read the announcement from @Ed_Doll ?

Didn’t see this forum post until after I had downloaded the 3.1.4 USB driver and installed it. However, I have successfully installed the 3.1.4 driver and it is working on a 2023 Mac M2 Pro, running Ventura 13.4 and using Logic Pro 10.7.9 via UR22 mkII. Audio input/output and Midi all seem to be working fine. But note, the associated Yamaha Steinberg driver installation document screenshots aren’t correct for Ventura Security & Privacy windows.

1 Like