why muted notes in key editor shows colored velocity ?!!

im not sure but i think when i used to mute notes in cubase 5 key editor ,the velocity of the muted notes would grayed, in cubase 7.5 it stays colored as usual ! its confusing… !! is that a bug or by design ?

EDIT: Just to clarify, i mean the velocity information on velocity lane remains colored and won’t gray (not the actual note)!!

Notes are greyed out when I mute them and I’m also running 7.5.20.

It sounds like a bug.

Thanks for checking.

probably it was OK in 7.5.10 with my system, because i noticed that and it bothers me after update to 7.5.20
i also work in other studio with C 7.0 with latest update and the velocity wont gray out !
maybe its something with preferences ? ( I doubt it though )

sorry i was not clear enough- after second read i saw u talking about the actual notes

Just to clarify, i mean the velocity information on velocity lane remains colored and won’t gray (not the actual note)!!

Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly. I’m not sure if the velocity is greyed out, I’m away from my Cubase PC at the moment so I can’t check.

Yeah you are right. When a note is muted the corresponding velocity line in the controller lane is not grayed out. I’m kinda, sorta, maybe pretty sure it used to get grayed out.

I checked and in 6.5.5 when I mute a note it goes grey. I then checked 7.5.2 and it does NOT go grey.

Maestro2be

so its probably a Bug!
Please move this post to Issues forum steiny Mods… thanks