Why people are moving away from Cubase

I’m not interested in corporate secrets, I referenced communication and information, along the lines of the details you listed.

Steinberg have clearly said they are much too busy to post for things like that however. I’m just pointing out that the next thing to happen is pretty predictable, people will post all kinds of things to fill the information void, some of them wrong, and some just stirring things up in general when they didn’t have to be.

It seems to me that a little time spent by Steinberg up front would save more time spent on damage control later, but I’m sure they have their reasons to disagree.

If it concerns you, I wonder why you never followed up with the needed information despite I offered you direct help on various occasions.

Alexis, I was making a point about the relatively low bar needed to create the impression of veracity on the Internet. Sorry, you missed my point.

I leave Cubase behind at the mixing stage because of the horrible “clickfest galore” the mixer is.
It has so much to ask for, that I don’t know where to begin.

I actually prefer to do my tracking in C8.5, due to the great combination of Lanes and Track Versions (and obviously some great editing capabilities), and I really like the Arrange/Project page… And the Control Room feature is the one feature I “can’t live without”.

… But the mixer looks and feels like it is from a completely different program. Absolutely horrendous IMO.

PS. I set up a mix including 83 audio tracks in about half the time in Studio One Pro 3 than in C8.5 (even though I an supposed to know Cubase much better, used them 90/10 in favour of Cubase).
This includes organizing, color coding the tracks, and routing etc.
Drag and drop of plugins is another great advantage in favour of S1 (without insert restrictions - great for testing different plugins… NO, I don’t need 16 insert within a mix, but it is great to compare stuff).

If people leave Cubase, I really do believe that the mixer is a big part of it…

Thank you, Steve. I’m afraid I made my point poorly … it was that posts like that are not surprising, indeed are expected where information is sparse and the developer doesn’t communicate with the user base.

I understood and agree with your post, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfPKm-oYIA&list=PLEm7pigh1tLdCZv4glB9oJtukAPx0g5A_&index=7 .

This thread is getting philosophical … It’s true that I didn’t give tons of details on the people I was talking about and gave names and all for obvious privacy reasons … I just stated what was happening at work and it might not be the case elsewhere. Meanwhile, Fabio was quite nice and replied quickly (even on a Sunday) and he offered to assist me regarding performance issues and said he would bring up the Edit Mode request. That’s what I call good communication.

Thank you Fabio! I’ll send a support request for the Edit Mode. About the performance, I’m a beta tester so I’m currently testing other things but I’ll try to do dig deeper and make a report about it if I have time. Thanks for your help!

Yes, this thread is a great example of that!

Hello dbh,

actually we do offer a Cubase → Nuendo crossgrade that basically saves you the Cubase price and turns your license into a Nuendo (+NEK) license.

You can find all infos about it here: Compare Nuendo and Cubase | Steinberg

To the OP: Not to say that Cubase isn’t the greatest software for music creation and composition there is, but it is Nuendo the actual platform we are focusing on for Game Audio workflows. Our research, as well as the reaction from the game audio community since the release of Nuendo 7, is showing us that many game music composers, sound designers and game developers in general are moving TO Nuendo from other platforms. We are in a very close relationship with many big players in the game audio industry to keep making Nuendo better and better for them, and even though I can’t talk for every single game audio person out there, as I’m sure many people like to see other options - there are many other great tools available - so far the feedback about Nuendo 7 has been very positive. You may want to take a look at it :wink:

My 2 cents. I wish you guys a good day.

All the best,

[19th Feb 2019 - Mod Edit: deleted post and locked thread to avoid further necro-posting]