Why Why Why can I not save my External FX Routing?

+100

1 Like

Until Steinberg decides to implement a external effects plugin ala Pipeline (if ever), I agree 100% that a “save external Fx routing” is absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

Maybe this thread could be a good place to consolidate and make more visible our requests:

1 Like

+1

but you can save templates as a workaround

+1.
It’s a MAJOR bummer.

Very annoying indeed.

+1

+1

Agreed. This is so underdeveloped. I use it all the time, and I curse constantly…

Huge +1

There is a feature request for this… please add your +1 THERE!!!

+1

FR thread here:

and another thread here:

1 Like

+1000

+1 Seems silly that external efx routing isn’t either a) remembered in the project; and/or b) able to be memorized as a setting (drop down selection) like input and output routing.

+1

I cannot see how this would be a complicated or time consuming thing to implement. Especially since it’s possible to save each individual fx as a “favourite”.

To xerix: How can a template help in the cases where you want to switch between complete settings in one project?

I hope steinberg does not forget to allow to save complete bus settings as a total preset as well.

This would be very handy when switching Interface in one and the same project (which can make sense).

+1

Saving/Importing/Exporting I/O setups should be STANDARD in any PRO DAW.

Unless you assume everyone uses the SAME interface with the same connections and names used, enter Steinberg. THIS is one of the main reasons Protools still dominates, such a simple feature too

Did you try the Favorites Tab in the Studio Connections window? That seems to work

Yes, that works, bit still is some mousework/time.
When you switch to another interface you loose all connections. Being saved as Favorites you can recall them.
But first you have to delete all the busses, then recall them from Favorites.
At least the connections are correct after that.
But it could be made a lot easier, faster and less mousework.

+1

As someone who has just integrated another 500 series rack into my studio:-

+10000000

External FX really needs a lot of work. In fact the whole Audio Connections / Routing setup could do with an overhaul - this could lead to the ability to save routings in Track Presets etc.