Wierd Tempo changes Cubase 4

No, you’re just trying to help. Problem is, the OP won’t help himself by opening the manual or searching certain sites for the terms listed above. A tool is useless if you don’t know how it’s to be used. Not only that, but it can be dangerous too. :wink:

Nevertheless, I thought I had that working yesterday, today it doesn´t, so everyone better forget all I wrote above… :blush:

You’re on the right path. The OP needs to use the drum performance to set up Warp Tabs and from those create a Groove Template. This will provide a tempo track that follows the drum performance. The Groove Template can be applied to the other audio files to make them follow the drums. The MIDI parts will follow the tempo map, also. Certain tracks need to be in Time Linear Mode and others have to be in Musical not to mention settings in the Pool need to be correct. Were I him, I’d make the GT from the drums and re-do the other audio parts.

A phrase comes to mind:

“All the gear, no idea.”

:laughing:

Well, that´s my point: create a tempo map first, how you do that is a thing of personal taste or the existing audio material. However like I said, it worked yesterday, but not today… I´ll maybe try again tomorrow :slight_smile:

+1 anything is better (if possible) than using any kind of stretch / pitch or whatever IMHO especially with tracks that have a phase relation to each other…

Time stretching muti-track drums is a no no in C4.

Bite the bullet and redo things properly to the drums and put it down to experience.

Thank you Split and thinkingcap for your input and patience here. You have helped a lot. Concise and to the point, and put me in the right direction. The other guy seemed to get frustrated with me and would rather give me clues and mock someone who is trying to solve a problem (yes I have read/re-read the manual many times/googled tutorials and videos).
After weighing up several options I have decided to beat match the snare and kick and replace the hats and cymbals with some cool samples as the bleed is overpowering on the live tracks.
Thanks guys.