Wiil cubase 12 be fixed or is this the end?

The Lyrics?
Bob Dylan did that 50 years ago, :laughing:
I’m trying to give up on this hobby. Looking for something where I can be more productive. There’s an emotional attachment to music but the technology is getting in the way. I suspect part of the situation with both Steinberg and Abelton is the manufacturers know their user base is mainly amateurs who have no political clout or influence in the business world so they hang us out to dry.

Wow! Bob Dylan… I should be ashamed, I didn’t make the connection at all. It’s also an excellent song.

Cubase and Ableton are used by both amateurs and professionals in the musical world. Don’t be so bitter.

Let us remember that at a certain time before the advent of computer music, the world of music was an excessively expensive field. In Dylan’s time, it cost an arm and a leg to produce a record, it was accessible through a daring producer and a record company willing to risk it all. Mike Oldfield is a good example of this.

If we compare the eras, we are relatively blessed to be able to produce our music in the comfort of our homes with equipment and software that are not cheap, but which nevertheless remain accessible, but unfortunately not perfect.

Have a nice day rverne10.

Don’t be silly , C12 will go down in history as the major failure of all performance wise , I’ll be damn if im updating to C12.5 just for the bug fixes

Daily user of C12 here, many plugins, commercial projects, no performance issues on Windows 10. Pre 12.0.20 I had the constant start up warning dialog, but that’s gone post patch. For me personally I’ve stopped using 11 completely as 12 is perfectly stable.

1 Like

For you yes. But as can be seen this is not universally true.

1 Like

For many others as well , this is the first time in 9 years ive complained about as release , and not being able to use 12 while 11 runs perfect doesn’t bode well . Same with LOTS of other long time users

That’s true, they’re still solving problems and I’m sure another update in regard to performance and Activation Manager issues is coming soon. And if necessary another.

It is also the biggest change in Cubendo since 2001.

I understand the change and normally i don’t jump on the first releases because of minor issues but C10 and 11 were so smooth from the beginning it was worth the punt , i hope your right but my comp is now not supported on C12 so i fear the worse . Ive asked 5 times now for a recommended i9 motherboard and Cpu , just like i did back in 2013 when i built this to Steinberg spec but it’s fallen on death ears this time . I trust Steinberg build recommendations , i mean why wouldn’t as the last one has lasted 9 years and still going strong

Which will then be a fraud, 'cos x.5 versions are not free and a buggy application MUST be fixed with no extra costs for the customer. Since decades I made every update but with with Cubase 11 Pro, left behind with broken promises (MIDI API as to mention one) and too many bugs and glitches and unfinished areas, and Cubase 12 not being a great launch at all, I stopped. IF there will be a 12.5 rest assured it will come with new features and new bugs. Steinberg would be well-advised to finish v12 to a rock-steady version to gain back confidence in their application.

Sorry @Biochip. It’s not fraud. Fraud requires intent on the part of the seller. Steinberg has shown they want to fix the problems, and they’ve released 2 updates since the release date April 13, just one month ago, so far, with more to come. So to me, their intent is clear.

If you actually feel that way, you should pursue your legal remedies, whatever they may be, based on your location or whatever other criteria might be involved.

Steve, will it become an emotional reply? Seeing you writing a reply for minutes :wink:

Never mind, “live isn’t such a serious thing until it ends…”*

*unknown source

Read and try to understand my reply. I was actually replying to the statement that supposingly only v12.5 will fix the severe issues v12 has at the moment (for some but not only a few). So, if Steinberg would really say, here is v12.5 for xx bucks which will address all the issues v12 had, than it is a fraud imho. I hope they won’t though.
And additionally, a next update in June is then probably the last but one for the x.0 version if SB continues the x.5 release strategy once more.

I had the same exact build as you – i7-3770k, in a Gigabyte motherboard. It was amazingly long-lived.

Way before C12 came out – when MS announced the deprecation of various CPUs in Windows 11, I replaced the MB, CPU and Ram with my current setup, i7-11700k, 64gb ram. It’s very smooth for Cubase – for the stuff I do.

If the devs haven’t posted recommended setups it might be because they cannot yet tell which work best, since the variables are rather enormous.

They didn’t release an 11.5, maybe they dropped that habit. (I do not actually know)

As a DAW user since 1992, and beta tester for many developers for more then 8 years, many problems i see are:

1. system related (hardware, os, virus, drivers, etc)
  2. user related
    just few and small problems are really DAW or plugin developer related.
    Specially this C12 release, it was one of the most solid release ever.
    Hope everyone experiencing problems find the solution soon, whatever the problem is.
2 Likes

Thanks Steve , just doing my research and the 11700 seems a VERY capable processor
CPU-Z Benchmark - CPU-Z VALIDATOR (x86.fr)

Looks like – It was a good compromise- I was looking at the i9-10900k, since reports were that it was extremely good, but the advantage was small to none against the i7-11700k. The best thing was that I could use all my old storage, PSU and case – even the cooler I installed on the 3770k would have fit, but I didn’t bother. My cost was under $700 for the upgrade. Then I sold the 3770 and MB on ebay for I forget, 100usd or something?

Cubase 12 is quite happy here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up :+1:

Im not going to lie , ive been trying to get to the bottom of this 12 mess and i think i’ve made a break through and it MIGHT be my fault . It stead of making a project from scratch in C12 i’ve opened the last project i was working on in C11 which was stable in C12.0 but isn’t in C12 .0.20 , the spikes always seem to happen in the same place so instead of opening the project i imported the some of the audio tracks into an empty project and guess what , not spiking , the Asio sits absolutely still , it’s not the full project , still testing but the ASio sits on nearly enough nothing , just below the first notch , this is great news and i’ll hold my hands up if this stays as it is . :grin: :+1:

But yes im due for an update of the tower so maybe it’s time

1 Like

I had a project consistently crash 11 when it came out, coming from 10.5. I had to recreate it by importing tracks to a new blank project. It came down to a transpose track that wasn’t even used in the project, I had just set it up to try out different keys for the voices. I don’t know what the whole deal was, but every new project in 11 worked without a hitch.

I haven’t had anything similar in 12 - yet -, but I suppose it’s a good idea to keep a fairly complex project in its own version when a newer version comes out. Or, and that’s the lesson I learned, to be somewhat “aware” and “suspicious” of this behaviour, and know to go into troubleshooting mode when this happens.

Hope 12 starts behaving for you! :+1:t3:

I can’t find the reference now but I’m pretty sure they said they WERE doing away with the .5 releases from now on.
Presumably cos even logical minded folks like programmers just can’t wait to get to version 13. :sunglasses:

PS: Version 12 working just fine on my new Ryzen 5950 and the old i7 4770 (7/8 years old?)