[WIKI] All Key Commands in Cubase 11.0.41

Commands: Video

Command Default Key Function My Rating Link
Mute all video tracks Mutes/Unmutes the Video Track. 8 Video Track Inspector
2 Likes

Commands: VRPlayerRemote

GoPro VR Player Remote Brings up the GoPro VR Player Remote. 8 GoPro VR Player Remote Window
2 Likes

Commands: Window Zones

Show/Hide Left Zone Ctrl Alt L, Alt I Self explanatory. 10 Left Zone
Show/Hide Right Zone Ctrl Alt R Self explanatory. 10 Right Zone
Show/Hide Upper Zone Ctrl Alt U Self explanatory. 10
Show/Hide Lower Zone Ctrl Alt E, Ctrl Alt B Self explanatory. 10 Lower Zone
Show/Hide Transport Zone Ctrl Alt T Self explanatory. 10 Transport Bar
Show Previous Tab Ctrl Alt Left Self explanatory. 10
Show Next Tab Ctrl Alt Right Self explanatory. 10
Show Previous Page Ctrl Alt Up, Page Up Self explanatory. 10
Show Next Page Ctrl Alt Down, Page Down Self explanatory. 10
Show/Hide Info Line Ctrl I Self explanatory. 10 Info Line
Show/Hide Overview Alt O Self explanatory. 10 Overview Line
Show/Hide Status Line Self explanatory. 10 Status Line
Show/Hide Regions Self explanatory. 10 Regions List
2 Likes

Commands: Windows

Close All Self explanatory 5 Windows Dialog
Close All Plug-in Windows Self explanatory 5 Closing All Control Panels
Maximize Self explanatory 5 Windows Dialog
Minimize Self explanatory 5 Windows Dialog
Minimze All Self explanatory 5 Windows Dialog
Restore All Self explanatory 5 Windows Dialog
Select Next Plug-in Window Self explanatory 9
Show/Hide Desktop Self explanatory. This is about Cubase’s background. It will switch to allow you to see your desktop and switch so that you don’t see your desktop. 7
Show/Hide Plug-ins Self explanatory 10 Hiding/Showing Effect Control Panels
2 Likes

Commands: Workspaces

New Ctrl Num 0 Self explanatory. 10 Creating Workspaces
No Workspace Alt Num 0 Unloads workspaces. 10 Workspaces Organizer
Organize Brings up the Workspaces Organizer Panel. You can work with it open. 7 Workspaces Organizer
Update Workspace Alt U If you make changes to a workspace and then give this command, the workspace will be updated, and the changes you made saved into it. 10 Workspaces Organizer
Workspace 1 Alt Num 1 Directly launches Workspace 1 10
Workspace 2 Alt Num 2 Directly launches Workspace 2 10
Workspace 3 Alt Num 3 Directly launches Workspace 3 10
Workspace 4 Alt Num 4 Directly launches Workspace 4 10
Workspace 5 Alt Num 5 Directly launches Workspace 5 10
Workspace 6 Alt Num 6 Directly launches Workspace 6 10
Workspace 7 Alt Num 7 Directly launches Workspace 7 10
Workspace 8 Alt Num 8 Directly launches Workspace 8 10
Workspace 9 Alt Num 9 Directly launches Workspace 9 10
Workspace X Ctrl Alt Num 0 Brings up a little window in which we type the number of the workspace to load. EXCELLENT! 10
2 Likes

Commands: Zoom

Redo Zoom Redoes a Zoom Undo 10 Zoom Submenu
Undo Zoom Undoes Zoom 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom 4 Tracks Zooms so that 4 tracks fit the screen vertically. Comment: ? In my case, 3 tracks fit on the screen. ? 6 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom 8 Tracks Zooms so that 8 tracks fit the screen vertically. Comment: ? In my case, 7 tracks fit on the screen. ? 6 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Cycle Marker 1 Zooms to Cycle Marker 1 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 2 Zooms to Cycle Marker 2 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 3 Zooms to Cycle Marker 3 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 4 Zooms to Cycle Marker 4 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 5 Zooms to Cycle Marker 5 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 6 Zooms to Cycle Marker 6 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 7 Zooms to Cycle Marker 7 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 8 Zooms to Cycle Marker 8 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Cycle Marker 9 Zooms to Cycle Marker 9 so that it fits the screen horizontally. 8 Zooming in on Cycle Markers
Zoom Full Shift F Zooms horizontally so that the whole project (start of first event to the end of the last event) fits on the screen horizontally. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom In H Zooms in horizontally. The target, the focal point, the place where the zooming occurs is the Project Cursor. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom in On Waveform Vertically Alt H Makes waveforms in events bigger. 10 Zooming in on Audio Contents
Zoom In Tracks Ctrl Down This command acts upon the vertical size of the selected track(s), enlarging them by one row each time. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom In Vertically Shift H This command actus upon the vertical size of all tracks, enlarging them by one row each time. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom MEM This command MEMorizes the current zoom situation. Position, vertical zoom, horizontal zoom. You can later recall the memory using Zoom ZAP. A very very useful 1-2 combination. 10
Zoom N Tracks Brings up a little window where we select the number of tracks. That is the number of the tracks we need to fit on screen. Comment: ? In my case, N-1 tracks fit on the screen. ? 7 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Out G Zooms out horizontally. The target, the focal point, the place where the zooming occurs is the Project Cursor. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom Out of Waveform Vertically Alt G Makes waveforms in events smaller. 10 Zooming in on Audio Contents
Zoom Out Tracks Ctrl Up This command acts upon the vertical size of the selected track(s), shrinking them by one row each time. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom Out Vertically Shift G This command actus upon the vertical size of all tracks, shrinking them by one row each time. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom Preset 1 Instantly recalls Zoom Preset 1. 8 Zoom Presets
Zoom Preset 2 Instantly recalls Zoom Preset 2. 8 Zoom Presets
Zoom Preset 3 Instantly recalls Zoom Preset 3. 8 Zoom Presets
Zoom Preset 4 Instantly recalls Zoom Preset 4. 8 Zoom Presets
Zoom Preset 5 Instantly recalls Zoom Preset 5. 8 Zoom Presets
Zoom to Event Shift E Zooms the corresponding editor to fit the selected event. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom to Locators Zooms to the locators’ position. 9
Zoom to Selection Alt S Zooms horizontally AND vertically, so that the current selection fits the screen. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom to Selection Horizontally This command will only zoom horizontally, so that the current selection fits the screen. 10 Zoom Submenu
Zoom Tracks 1 Row Directly sets the track height to 1 row. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks 2 Rows Directly sets the track height to 2 rows. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks 3 Rows Directly sets the track height to 3 rows. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks 4 Rows Directly sets the track height to 4 rows. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks Exclusive Z Greatly increases the track height of the selected track(s). All other tracks are shrinked to 1 row. 10
Zoom Tracks Full Shrinks the track height of all tracks, sot that they can all fit in one screen vertically. Comment: Again, I’m getting -1 track for all of them to fit. That is, if I have 16 tracks, only 15 will fit. If I have 23, only 22 will fit. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks Minimal Shrinks the track height of all tracks to minimal. 8 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom Tracks N Rows Brings up a “Type in number of rows” window, where we type the number of rows we wish all tracks to be in size. 0 will set them to minimal, 2 to the default etc. 9 Track Zoom Menu
Zoom ZAP Recalls the Zoom snapshot saved when you used “Zoom MEM”. 10
3 Likes

:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:----------------------------:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for all the likes SF! :wave:t2: :heart:

Everybody

This thread is a wiki. This means that if you have time to spare, you can go through the entries and freely edit anything that is poorly written, be it grammar, syntax, the description of a function, better links to the manual if you can find them, anything.

My Rating

“My Rating” column is just a ballpark measure of how much it would be worth it to assign the key command. Some functions are so readily available when using a mouse that it’s not worth it to assign the key command. Some might just not be worth sacrificing a key to them. We can always run out of keyboard after all. Feel free to change the rating too, maybe leave a comment on why you think a command is better or worse, so that we all learn something new!

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Very nice work!

1 Like

Your edits will be invaluable for the categories about the Score Editor, @Maestro !

1 Like

Thanxz a lot! That was kinda cool. No, that was awesome!!!

1 Like

This is great. Thanks for the effort @ggmanestraki

One adjustment that would be useful is if an additional post could be inserted before the very first post and it just consists of links to the individual posts to form a table of contents. Suspect a Moderator would need to be involved.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be possible. But it’s a wiki, so someone can add the table of contents to the top of it.

Ah, an index! Great idea!

1 Like

Use Markdown instead of html. This will generate links. Hover the mouse just to the left of a line start, then right-click to copy the link.

this:

## section title
## section title

Creates this:

section title

section title

Also, if off-topic replies appear, please flag. One of the mods will move or remove the post.

I think I’ve got it. Two things:

1. What’s up with the links sometimes showing up as the full links, and other times as a description. From [WIKI] All Key Commands in Cubase 11.0.41 - #40 by ggmanestraki and down, every link shows up like that, and it’s ugly. Sometimes the issue resolves itself after a while when an edit has been submitted, as if it needs to “load” for a bit, other times it stays like that.
  2. I’m out of edits! I never knew I could run out of edits! I’ll continue after 24 hours, when my editing mana has been replenished.
2 Likes

It looks like a bug – @Ben_at_Steinberg can we bother you with this?

Edit – Not a bug, I think. I changed a couple from html to Markdown and links displayed correctly.

Maybe there’s a limited fallback to accommodate html, and I guess Markdown needs to be used.

The problem turned out to be line breaks after the titles. When we remove the white space and cram the title and the body of text (definition of table ) right next to each other, without a space, everything works fine. Noted.

Another thing I need your opinion on is this (steve’s and everyone else’s). Now that the links are easily available, I can copy and paste them to the top. However, they come out as oneboxes, with my name as a header and some convoluted information inside, like so:

This isn’t the best layout, in my opinion. Is there another behavior we can coax out of this method, or should I go for in-line links like so?

Windows

Workspaces

Zoom

1 Like

hey
new to Cubase and wondered if you can tell me why the cut/paste function is kinda “funny”. i used it before and i seemed to be able to make a selection, copy it, and paste it right after the end of the selection (in other words i want to slide the music down and insert the selection i made right after the cursor for instance and not overwrite the music like it is doing now- following the cursor. is there a key assignment(s) to do these things?