Will getting elements 9 unlock synthesizers in Cubasele8?

I’ve had Cubasele8 for some time now (free with purchase)and have gotten used to it…I want to upgrade to elements 9 and would like to know if elements9 will “unlock” the 30-40 or so synthesizers and keyboards in Cubasele8 that cannot be accessed in the “add midi” feature?another thing is the product handler asknet.com cannot validate the credit card I use because it isn’t secure so can someone direct me to a dealer in Cubase products that will accept visa netspend, and have elements for less than $80…

Not sure what synths you’re talking about so it’s hard to say but in Cubase Elements 9 the following are available as standard:
Groove Agent SE (drums), Prologue and Halion Sonic SE.

When you open midi device manager in devices, and click on “install device”, a window pops up saying add midi device…then it gives you a long list of names of keyboards or syntheseizers to choose from…I’m not sure but I tried to get my midiguitar2 plugin to use with one of these and the synth wouldn’t show up in the project window…and I think I saw that it said, but only once so far, that it was only available with elements…

Ah yes, now I see what you mean. No, I’m afraid not what you think. Those are to create links to external MIDI devices, as named to make control via Cubase easier. It probably is only available in Elements and above.

I understand even though as I’m sitting here fooling around I have a jv-880;in the inspector column and e. organ 1 in the(combinations)progran slot right above drum map…now i havent tried to play it with a guitar to the midiguitar2plugin i have.it acts as a midi keyboard…

That should work and you shouldn’t need any of those items, I think the midi guitar plugin is just a plugin that converts the audio signal to mIDI one, isn’t it? I keep meaning to try it myself…

Yes…it’s like changing the guitar to a keyboard…there’s a free version out there…standalone and with daw…