Will Steinberg Ever Fix The Big Mix Snapshot Problem?

Snapshots do not remember whether a channel is muted. To me this is a pretty big omission…anyone else?

Why do you dwell on Cubase omissions? Find workarounds! You’ll be a lot more acomplished this way. For example, why don’t you set the level to -oo instead of muting the tracks?

Oh I do work arounds all the time, for instance instead of having a render queue as REAPER does, I had to make subgroups and use up more DSP so each master matches all the mixes.

Point is, you shouldn’t have to workaround so much, and you shouldn’t be offended that omissions are brought up by users who spot one. And yes I set the level at zero, which is silly when there is a MUTE switch;)

The same thing people at Steinberg could say in return…

Why complicate the source code if muting a channel can be done with the level fader? It’s silly to waste time and resources on something that’s not completely necessary.

You see were I’m going?

I agree with you on this, but again, dwelling on what Steinberg doesn’t do is nothing but a waste of time. After all, they are not obliged to take into account what users say…

Great! Isn’t it better to not have to depend on Steinberg’s fixes?

" Why complicate the source code if muting a channel can be done with the level fader? It’s silly to waste time and resources on something that’s not completely necessary.

Because that’s the way it would be done by any professional in a working studio environment. Saving a mix “snapshot” would be done with mute switch on any large console automation system, which this is attempting to emulate.

I understand they aren’t obliged to do anything, but as a BETA tester for years with 3 major DAW manufacturers I found they accepted suggestions and often would implement them. Some would say"Hey great idea!’ and other times some would say 'Well, we have had any requests for that " LOL

It’s not better not to have to depend on them to fix anything, but necessary apparently in Cubase, which after years in Logic and Pro Tools is now the only DAW I can see getting anything done in :wink: It’s magnificent all around, though I’m sensing a tendency for them to introduce new features, and never really flesh them out before moving on to the next new feature.