Will we get a save your elicence cubase offer before 2025?

Hello, I am a happy Cubase 11 owner and user and not yet interested in the C12 or C13 updates. I don’t like that from 2025 my licence will be worthless in regard to upgrading. Will I or better we get a nice offer to upgrade our licence to the new sytem before it goes down. Usually I upgrade every 6 to 8 years.

1 Like

There is currently a sales promotion online for Cubase until 28.April.
You can get the upgrade from Cubase Pro 11 to 13 for 139,90 €

I would imagine they’ll offer a nice upgrade deal near the end, as that would make a lot of revenue sense for them, but there’s no way to know for sure. The offer going on right now is perfectly good IMO, plus you get a bunch of other nice freebies. Personally, I’d go with the offer right now and get it over with. Cubase 13 has a some really nice workflow improvements over Cubase 11, and it’s well worth the upgrade price IMO. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do. You have some time to decide, so there’s no pressure.

Bumping thread. ^^^

I am a happy Cubase 10.5 user and have no interest to upgrade to a newer version as I barely use all the features in the one I have. I would like to continue to be able to use the product i paid for. What are my options after 2025 if the USB licenser croaks? Can we request to migrate our license to the new license system?

No, that is not possible as it requires massive changes to the software.

There is a long page with all kinds of information about this here:

Basically, for the old license holders, it really comes down to whether or not you see yourself upgrading ever again. And you have until early 2025 to decide.

If Steinberg plays this out very strategically, they would be wise to have a very generous upgrade offer available in the final months leading up to the shutdown of the old system., and a big marketing effort to notify every registered holder of elicensers.

1 Like

Anyone else long for the days when all you had to do was to enter a serial number into a dialogue box?

3 Likes

I don’t remember having to do even that on my 1040STe. (Running with a single monochrome monitor. The contrast was INSANE!)

Years later I do remember mucking around with Baud rates trying to get the parallel port dongle to work.

Was everything better in the good ol’ days? Nah, probably not.

1 Like