Win10 update to v1903, Dorico 3.5 Pro Trial eLicenser...

I have 3.5 Elements installed but downloaded the Pro trial version (which used a “soft” licenser in the dongle thingy) so that I could have a go at editing playing techniques for All Saints Choir. All worked perfectly and I can now type shift-P and enter Ah or Ee to have my choir sing an Ah or an Ee etc. Marvellous!

Today though my PC updated from Win10 Pro v18-something or other to v1903 which resulted in the soft-licenser going into a sulk so that Dorico opened up in Elements guise - this turned out to be quite useful since I could check to see if my edited playing techniques were still there, and they were!

I then ran the eLicenser as an Admin and it went ahead and fixed the snag with the “soft” license so now Dorico opens up in Pro trial mode again. So until the license expires in 20 odd days or so I can have a fun time discovering all the Pro features before reverting back to Elements again. Fortunately Cubase 10.5 Pro opened with no snags, and VSL likewise.

After all the horror stories one hears about Win10 updates, it was with some trepidation when I started up Dorico again. So far so good…

Thanks for sharing your experience, Rob. In general the procedure you have outlined – namely running eLCC as admin after a Windows update – is sufficient.