Window Layout 'Status Line' keeps getting activated

So, I noticed this bug in N11, where the ‘Status Line’ keeps popping up even after I de-activate it. Even after deselecting multiple times, it creeps back in during the session.

I’m losing 1inch of screen real-estate on top. :sob:

I noticed this on C11 - it seemed to happen on older v10/10.5 projects. I couldn’t pin it down but it is irritating. Sometimes happened just doing a save (ctrl-s)

I updated to 11.0.1 and this issue still exists! Isn’t anyone else affected by this bug?

The ‘Status Line’ automatically pops up when I insert a new instrument or plugin. I tried opening an empty session rather than my templates and it seems to make no difference.

I am. Irritatingly affected.

Yes, me too. (I was just about to start a thread on this)

Hmm, how do we get Steinberg notice this? The next update is probably months away and we’ll be stuck with this irritating bug. :unamused:

On Nuendo 11.0.20 here and it’s still happening, 6 months later, It is really annoying having this valuable screen real estate going to waste.

It happens when doing lots of operations, open studio settings and click on ‘Chord Pads’ on the left side, it’s back, click CMC-QC, it’s back. Load a project, it’s back.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s still there. We can only pray that the Steinberg Overlords get to this bug before 11.5 :triumph:

1 Like

Just updated Nuendo 11.0.30 and the bug seems to be still there. May God save us.

first of all… I’m not affected.

I use Windows 10 on different machines. All use AMD graphics cards.

btw nobody mentioned which OS is affected…
and only @s3576742 has system specs in his signature

Oh, sorry. I don’t even know how to add signature. I had my signature in the previous form of forum but it vanished somehow. I am looking into how to now.

Anyway, I am on Windows 10 latest update.
AMD 5800X
AMD RX 6800
64 GB RAM

And, unfortunately, I am affected.

macOS Catalina here on a MacbookPro with AMD graphics. Will test this on the Mac mini on Big Sur this coming week.

I always work with the Info line on, but I turned it off and have been farting around in a project awhile and so far it hasn’t re-appeared on its own accord.

Has it gotten assigned to a weird keyboard command that’s getting triggered accidentally? (Mine was set to Ctrl-i which I don’t think I’ve ever used) Or is anyone using Workspaces and perhaps have it turned on for some of their workspaces but never updated them after turning it off?

1 Like

good point… never thought about workspaces…

Do you guys have “Not Connected” Outputs?

2 Likes

I have.

1 Like

That’s it then. I don’t know when it changed for you guys (I’m using Cubase, not Nuendo), but it’s a feature. If you have outputs “Not Connected” the status line will always pop up to remind you. Not sure I find it useful, but I guess that’s how it goes now?

1 Like

Oh wow, this seems to be it. I had my control room ‘Not Connected’ in my templates. Once I fixed that, it seems to have resolved the problem. What a strange feature.

1 Like

This still sounds like a bug, rather than a “feature,” since you may deliberately want an output disconnected. ie If you use an external Dolby Atmos Renderer, you need to disconnect Control Room outputs.