Windows 10/Cubase 9/graphics card?

Hi,

I’m still having random spikes and audio dropouts since upgrading to Windows 10. I’ve searched and tried what feels like everything possible to fix the issue but still nothing.

My question to Windows 10 users is what graphics card are you using thats working flawlessly? I currently have an old amd hd 5450 card and feel its the last thing I can upgrade to see if it fixes this issue. My system is a core i7 4790k, 32 gigs of ram, Samsung ssd as my system drive and another ssd as my project drive. Anyone with a similar setup have any suggestions? Thanks!!

great succes with MSI GTX 1070 8GB

No problems & no spikes with audio: i5-4670
W10x64 integrated GPU Intel HD4600
W10x64 GPU Nvidia 1050Ti 4GB

I just use my embedded Intel 4600 interface and no problems at all. I’m not a gamer and for Cubase with 2 screens this is more than sufficient. And you have i4790 so also embedded video. You could at least test it to see if the 5450 is causing the issue?

Your issue is probably not caused by the video card itself but rather by conflict or bad driver? But I’m sure you’ve been over this? Make sure your internal video interface is turned off in the bios when only using the hd 5450 card.

What you could try is this: get the latest driver and make sure to unpack the installation so you will see the separate installation directories and files. (You’ll need something like 7-zip or winrar to do this). Now remove your current driver and make sure you check to remove it from your system. Restart your system and do NOT run the normal setup. In stead go to the device manager and right click on the display driver and choose ‘Update Driver Software’ and make sure you choose the 2nd option ‘Browse my computer…’. Browse to the 64 bit driver directory where the *.inf file is located. Now it will only install the video driver with its minimum requirements. So not all the panels and controls you won’t need for Cubase anyway. This might solve the issue but if not you probably have some other driver messing things up.

Did you already run LatencyMon to find out what could cause this?

Thanks for the replies. I have switched over my monitors to the onboard intel card. I’ve been in my current session for about 3 hours now and still no major spikes or audio dropouts. Knock on wood. Any way, . In the meantime, I checked dpc latency checker and Latency Mon on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and here are the results of each running the same project. Just an fyi, I have the option to boot to my Windows 7 drive or my new Windows 10 drive. Both are ssd drives.

WINDOWS 7 DPC LATENCY CHECKER.jpg

Forgot to add these
Windows 10 hard page.jpg
windows 10 dpc count.png

Last version of Windows that DPC Latency checker worked on is 7 . Don’t base any decisions on those readings :laughing:

Do you have a version big enough for humans to read :wink:

I run a Nvidia GeForce 960 graphic card. Some time ago I was having issues and found out that the graphics card came with Realtek HD audio and my mobo came with Realtek audio and a Realtek HD audio too. I have since deleted the Realtek HD audio from the graphics card and the mother board and all is well. Maybe a conflict of some kind? Who knows.

Regards :sunglasses:

OOPS! Im running it again now only this time, it’s with the monitors running off the onboard card. FYI, I finished a 5 hour session with no spikes or dropouts after switching the monitors. About to start another 4 hour session. We’ll see how that goes. Knock on wood. Here is a new screen shot of the latency mon report

Nothing there looks too bad…very similar dpc perf here and no dropouts on my Radeon R5 230.

Have seen another Cubase user with a Radeon recommend to change the profile in Radeon Control Panel to Optimize Performance to stop cracking at lower latency though my particular card doesn’t have this option so thios may not be any use to you!

So I was going on 7 hours with no issues running my monitors on my onboard intel video. But then I got a burst of spikes. It only happened once in 9 hours of work but it’s still something i NEVER experienced with Windows 7. I’ve updated my video card drivers, network adapter drivers, done all Windows 10 optimizations suggested by UAD and Steinberg but still nothing. FML. Any other suggestions? BTW, I could not figure out how to “optimize performance” on my on board card and even with my AMD card, I was unable to get the control panel on it. I contact AMD support ohhh about 4 days ago and still now reply.