Windows 10 Pro VS Windows 10 LTSC

Hello Dorico crew and people on the forum,
I’m wandering which version would be better as OS for Dorco (and Cubase, too)?!
Windows 10 LTSC is much lighter than PRO and it’s free of unneeded apps. Personally I prefer the idea how LTSC works, and the rare major upgrades it gets… But is this going to be ok for music production system?
I need your advice, because I’m about to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (which I really like)…

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

We don’t have an official position on Windows 10 LTSC. It’s not a configuration we test with specifically.

AFAIK it’s aimed at the sort of corporate users who are still have thousands of devices running Windows XP, but want a cheaper option than paying Microsoft for a special software support contract. I saw a report somewhere that LTSC is less than 2% of the WIndows 10 market, and that 2% is decreasing over time.

Planning to run your existing PC hardware for another 10 years isn’t a risk free option. Nobody knows how both the hardware marketplace and Dorico will change in that time scale.

Just stay away from the “home” versions of Win 10, which are the ones where you can’t control auto-updates, etc. Windows 10 Pro works fine and used to be a free upgrade from Win 7 (unless that has now timed out - I don’t know).

Daniel and Rob hello,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile: Then I should to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Best regards,
Thurisaz