Windows 10, WaveLab and WASAPI

I’ve always used ASIO in WaveLab, not for low latency but for guaranteed bit-perfect transparency. I’d like people’s opinions on WASAPI vs. ASIO, their experience of it in other applications, and finally a question as to whether or not it is planned for WaveLab to offer WASAPI as an option.

… is nobody curious about WASAPI ???

I recall that WASAPI was said to have had some issues with bit accuracy at one point in some systems. This seems to be confirmed with a simple search. One would hope that this has been resolved by now.

Why is there a lack of curiosity? Well, I’m lucky enough to be kinda busy and … above everything else … I look for stability. It is my expectation that I am not alone. If WL and the soundcards are playing together happily with ASIO then I’m not really excited about introducing something new into the mix unless there is a convincing argument made for increased stability and overall improvement in the system.

I did search, but If you exclude “audiophile” sources and those referring to the first incarnation in Vista, there doesn’t seem to be much out there at all in terms of reliable information. Can you provide any references to suggest that WASAPI is not bit-accurate on Windows 10?

… as does everybody, obviously, but let’s not make the assumption that WASAPI is inherently unstable, in fact, it could be argued that sound-chip manufacturers have more of an incentive to deliver stable WASAPI-compliant drivers than (niche, let’s face it) ASIO drivers; and, as we know, most don’t deliver any ASIO drivers at all, whereas all will have WASAPI. If you want to use WaveLab on a modern Windows laptop your only choice might be MME drivers!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not necessarily advocating WASAPI over ASIO, and in fact on this specific machine I am unlikely to switch because (a) it’s stable and (b) the manufacturer of my current audio interface provides high-quality ASIO drivers.

I’m just wondering, if WaveLab still supports MME, then is WASAPI planned as an alternative … and if not (apart from development priorities) is there any technical reason not to?