Windows 11 announced -- Does Cubase work on it?

Best os I have ever used by far.

For an actual thread with real info discussing this, along with an MS developer see this Gearspace topic: Windows 11 and Pro Audio - Gearspace.com

2 Likes

We have released a first statement on the compatibility here.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I am an early adopter and have been running Windows 11 preview editions on my Nuendo system with ZERO problems. Honestly it runs like a dream.
Config: Dell Precision Workstation. 32 GB ram. SSD/NVME Drives. Radeon Pro Graphics. Motu AVB interfaces with Thunderbolt connectivity to computer.

Now - as the post says, please don’t upgrade your system to Win 11 until it is officially recommended, but unofficially; It’s great.

4 Likes

installed Windows 11 pro couldn’t because other priorities made me. Well, Cubase 11 pro is Running but the e-license keeps prompting errors

1 Like

Hey there, can you tell me how you managed this? I haven’t been able to get the elicenser to work

Feel better after your tirade?
My comment was directed to MrSatrini.

It starts up and prompt me errors.
Cubase 11 pro starts up en runs
That’s what it does

I looked at the System requirements page and Windows 11 is now listed there – so it must now be officially supported right?

I won’t be updating to it in the near future though and will stay on Windows 10 as I need my recording software to work reliably. I only moved from Windows 7 late last year.

Indeed, it is officially supported - like most of our other products.

3 Likes

is win 11 adds some features or improvements for DAW use ?
like better performance, DPC latency. more then one ASIO driver at a given time (if steinberg can make it someday with win11 ) etc…
i didnt use or saw even youtubes of win11, im sure its “preety” and so, but worth the update for DAW ?

nope.

well so not that important to update then.
i remember in one of the music/audio forums a microsoft guy was posting and communicating with audio forum members , i think his name was “pete” or similar and he was musician or related to music production somehow.
he talked about next win will be also better for audio and music creation with DAWs. so i thought there are maybe some benefits to win11 for DAWs.

He posts under Psychlist1972 on Gearspace.com and is active there in a few Windows threads.