Windows 11 PC Install?

Is there a way to get Cubasis running on Windows 11 PC?

And what of Cubase Pro’s compatibility with the Cubasis project format?

Interesting question, why would you want to run Cubasis on a Windows PC? What could be a reason to do something like that, if you can use the Windows release of Cubase natively.

Starting with W11 22H2 it can install the WSA (Windows subsystem for Android) and it is capable of running Android apps directly in a Windows 11 PC. However, this is a brand new system and there is not much experience with it in the field, so it probably has all kinds of issue that make if unstable and unreliable depending on the apps.

On top of this you can only install apps from the Amazon Appstore, because that is what is used in WSA, so you need an Amazon account. I don’t know if Cubasis for Android is even available in that appstore.

In case you are talking about iOS, that is not possible.

Blue stacks

To run android apps on pc

Blue stacks is based on ancient versions of Android. The latest it supports is Android 9, current release of Android is 12. Blue Stacks is optimized for games and there is no guarantee that a complex product like Cubasis will survive in such an environment.
For advanced features you need to pay.

The main question still remains, what is the reason to run Cubasis on a Windows system.

Prob because its cheaper than the pc version (?)

And has tons of missing features

“The main question still remains, what is the reason to run Cubasis on a Windows system.”
Cubase PC can’t chase MIDI clock and doesn’t have Ableton link either.

Good luck…

Hi all,

Cubasis for iOS is distributed through the Apple App Store, Cubasis for Android/Chrome OS is distributed through the Google Play Store.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thats not the OP’s question lars :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @inteks,

Thanks for your message.
Cubasis supports iOS and Android only.

Best,
Lars

Cubase for PC is not optimized for touchscreen. i also like to run Cubasis on my XPS 17 Touchscreen ;o) does anyone got it working?

Hi again, i tested WSA on windows 11 (Windows subsystem Android) and sideloaded the Playstore. But it says Cubasis is not compatible.
what is the Problem here?? its x86 its an akt Android version and it has a Touchscreen.

tia
/inteks

Cubasis is tick based. Cubase Pro since Cubase SX 1.x has always been time based.

The real solution is for Cubase 13 Pro to be able to switch between time based and tick based audio engines after a reboot.

It is completely irrelevant if you PC is x86 and has a touchscreen.

Android runs on Arm CPUs, so this subsystem has to emulate this processor architecture. I doubt that it is 100% compatible in all areas, especially with an application like Cubasis I would never expect this to work.

i know my PC is x86(x64) but cubasis is x86 (x64) compatible!
windows 11 has an Android Subsystem and it meets the Cubasis Systemrequirements!
its not an “Emulator” !! the Android part runs nativly on x64! ;o)
the Question is why PlayStore mark it as not compatible???

So how do you know this? Any documentation that shows it? Who told you?

Android Subsystem on Intel Windows uses some kind of abstraction layer to map the ARM architecture to the Intel processor.
This subsystem runs natively if your Windows is ARM based.

Because it is not compatible.

Cubasis für Android und Chrome OS - FAQ – Steinberg Support

Cubasis benötigt ein 64-Bit-CPU-Smartphone oder -Tablet, das arm64-v8a ABI oder x86_64 ABI unterstützt und auf Android 8 oder neuer läuft.

and … Android subsystem run native on x86_64 and emulates arm for app that doesnt support x86

btw. cubasis sideloaded. start and crash . but maybe its something simple like resizeable windows…

Because Cubase is too complicated. How many buttons and panels are there on the Home Page? - its just stupidly difficult just to set up a Track and even get a a sound out.
So yes - Cubasis for PC plz

Hi @jonathansowden,

Thanks for your message.

As of yet, Cubasis is only available for iOS and Android (including Chromebook support).

Best,
Lars