Windows 7 install

I tried to install the trial on a Windows 7 computer, but the install program doesn’t run. The green progress bar finishes to the end, then it tells me to wait for the installation software to start, but that never happens.

Sorry if I ask something that has been asked many times already, but the forums don’t let me search for “windows 7” …

Make sure you have installed all of the available Windows Updates, including the Visual C 2015 Universal Runtime update:

Windows 7 is not an officially supported OS for Dorico, but many users seem to be running Dorico on Windows 7 without problems.

Yeah, I had a concurrent version of that on my computer. Now it works, thank you!

Hi. I’ve recently installed the trial version of Dorico 3.5 which appears to work well on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Before actually buying the product (Dorico Elements) I am interested to know if the bought version will work equally as well?

Welcome to the forum, @stuhunter. If you find that the trial version runs on your computer, then the good news is that the full version will run exactly as well. There is in fact nothing else to install: you can simply plug in a permanent license when you’re ready.

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply. Impressed. I’ll go ahead and purchase Dorico Elements 3.5. and look forward to joining the community online.