Windows Crash with cubase Element 12 when I put off my Focusrite Audio Card

Hi everyboby,

When I’m putting off my Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen audio card, Windows 10 crashes immediately (blue windows) !!!
I’m Using :

• Cubase Element 12 (freeware at this time but I want to buy It :slight_smile: )
  • Focusrite scarlett 18i20 3rd gen (With last Driver)
  • Win 10 Version 22H2
    There is no dump File in Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps !!!

Someone knows this issue ?

Thanks
Thierry

Hi and welcome,
Can you specify what you mean by “putting off”? Do you switch it off, pull the power plug, or pull the USB cable?
Did you actually have Cubase running while doing that?
In any case, it is most likely a problem with the focusrite driver. Cubase just uses that, but it cannot blue screen your computer.

I was also wondering what the user means by "putting off "
I have the Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen and it works fine for me using Windows V22H2 and Cubase 12 Pro
If I turn the Focusrite unit off and don’t run C12 Pro, no problem

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your response, and sorry for my bad English !!
Yes “putting off” is as you say : “switch off” :slight_smile: :smiley:
So when I switch off the focusrite when cubase is running, I have the blue screen and reboot!!!

Then maybe don’t do that? :upside_down_face:

Beat me to it ! :smile:
@tac7 What happens when you first quit Cubase then turn of the Focusrite ?

Yes, I can do not do That !! :slight_smile:
But when I want to standby (sleep mode) my computer, I first Switch off the Focusrite (a habit) and It’s the blue screen :frowning:

I will try to first quit cubase to check if the issue appears, but I would like to keep it open and standby the computer !!!

If you have Cubase open and unplug the audio interface the ASIO driver suddenly disappears and it will blue screen. It’s a good idea to leave your interface plugged in so your computer doesn’t suddenly throw a hissy fit. :grinning:

Do NOT use sleep mode, it may be fine for a regular computer but it is a no no for a DAW.
Sleep mode on Win 10 is problematic even on a regular computer, sometimes I have to reboot the non-DAW computer because it doesn’t come out of sleep mode.

@All
Thanks for yours responses, I will not “first” putting Off my audio card before to close Cubase !!

Thierry