Windows: Yamaha Steinberg USB driver 1.10.1 available

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released Yamaha Steinberg USB driver 1.10.1. This maintenance update addresses audio drop outs that may occur on Windows systems on which so called USB time stamp information is not being generated reliably.

:arrow_right: Further details & download …

Kind regards from Hamburg,

Georg

Hi, I am still experiencing significant issues with audio drop outs on a Dell Optplek 3050, even after applying these latest drivers. Bios is at 1.4.
These problems started a couple of weeks ago. Audio cuts out every couple of seconds. I am using external USB power. It seems that the interface very briefly loses usb connection (white light very briefly flashes) and immediately reconnects, which results in an audio drop of 2 seconds every 5 seconds or so.

Still having the same problem - spontaneous audio drops for 1 second. USB light blinks this moment.

Below are some details on the advanced settings you can open by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A in the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver control panel.
If - and only if - you still have drop out issues, it might be worth experimenting with the settings in there.

Flag Override (default Auto):
Customer choose one from three selections, Low Latency, Standard, and Stable.
Low Latency = The option shorten the general communication speed between a driver and a PC however it might trade-offs stability.
Standard = It’s a well balanced setting between shorter latency and stability.
Stable = Longer latency brings more stability.

Base Period (default Auto):
Under both WDM and ASIO circumstances, the option can change the operation cycle. Input latency gets lower with a lower setting but it causes high CPU load.

ISO Extra Buffer (default Auto)
It determines the output buffer size on ASIO. Choosing a lower amount results in lower output latency but it might produce noise at high CPU loads.

USB Frame Continuous Sync (default off)
We witnessed 500ms~800ms time stamp jumps in the USB streaming from PCs during our tests, and we concluded that some (or many?) PCs don’t generate a proper USB time stamp that our previous drivers refer to, for the synchronization between input and output. From the version 1.10.1 for Windows, our driver check the time stamp information only at beginning, and it will free-run after that. In result, the problem should disappear.

Skip Initial Samples (default off):
Audio driver might send a chunk of non-audio signal just before starting to transmit audio data. The signal disturbs synchronization between Input and Output.
The option prevents such a case by ignoring the unnecessary signal.

Overload Detection (default on):
Audio driver informs DAW about a condition when CPU load gets close to overflow, then a DAW notices the user with a peak lump. Previous driver showed excessive reactions in several cases.

I would like give a feedback with this driver.

First of all, here is the system configurations:
RAM: 64GB DDR4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
M/B: ASUS Prime X370 Pro
DAW: Steinberg Cubase 9.5 Pro
interface: Steinberg UR44

Dropouts are less occurring compares to previous driver (1.10.0) but still, there are some dropouts.
The things that the most annoying me is: since 1.10.0 ( Or maybe after Windows 10 RS3) it takes a time to initialize UR44.

Even play some music (Not ASIO. A normal player AIMP), Play Youtube video, sounds won’t playing for a minute.
And about Cubase and such DAWs that uses ASIO, It takes to boot up 2 or more minutes to start up. And eventually, Cubase shows an error that it failed to initialize the Audio devices. This makes me really really annoying.

And it seems adjusts buffer size doesn’t matter at all. (I’m on 48kHz@48 samples by the way)

No problem with PreSonus’ Studio 1824 with same system setup and low latency (<=2ms)

Here is the timestamp:

0: 0. 0 : 0 3 11 12 13 14 
 0: 0. 1 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 2 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 3 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 4 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 5 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 6 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 7 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 8 : 0 2 
 0: 0. 9 : 0 2 
 0: 0.11 : 0 2 
 0: 0.12 : 0 2 
 0: 0.13 : 0 2 
 0: 0.14 : 0 2 
 0: 0.15 : 0 2 
 0: 0.16 : 0 2 
 0: 0.16 : 0 14 15

Added:

The link is not UR44 but the described problem is exactly same. It seems other people also having this issue.
(Cubase failed to initialize the device, then it asks or switch to other ASIO compatible device automatically.)

Hello! Im a UR44 audio Interfase I am suffering from the same failures, the drop outs are less now but they still, but now other sounds appear, something like crackings or similar noises, like when there is a loss of synchrony, this is happening in all the programs that use audio, (music & video players, cubase 8.5 included) the thing is that i use the computer for recording and for walking music in concerts performances, so is a real bad thing to hear all this drop outswhen you are listening the music in the PA sound system, the problema stops if i turn off the intarfase and conect a cable from the laptop headphones output.

Everything was running great a couple of months ago, now even when im recording the performance, it stops continuously for no reason, some times it take 2 minutes to stop and some times 15 minutes or 25, but it always happen, and a Windows appear saying :the recording has stopped due to an audio interference failure.

What i have to do to get it Right? I already took it into the Factory settings and the same situation

Really excited to have this update. I bought a UR22MKII a year ago for two systems running Windows 7 64-bit. This device had troubled me when using the phantom power: audio problems manifested themselves as high freq “squeaks” in Ableton and just straight audio drop-outs (1-3 secs no input/output audio) in Audacity and all other programs. My only reliable microphone has been a dynamic the past year due to this shelving my condenser as the squeaks and dropouts occurred at random but frequently enough to render phantom power with this device unusable.

This 1.10.1 update has removed these issues for me on both systems. However during the installation of the 1.10.1 driver on one of my systems, I was nagged by an unsigned driver issue that some Windows 7 users are burdened with. My research led me to a Sweetwater article that addressed a similar issue with a Focusrite product: Why am I getting a &quot;Windows requires a digitally signed driver&quot...
As featured in the article, the Windows update KB3033929 fixed the unsigned driver issue for me and I am now using update 1.10.1 with my UR22MKII now working perfectly as it should.

Leaving my experience here in case it may help someone in the future.

I’m having the same audio drop problems listed above. Nothing I have done will fix this.

Here are the error messages.

Error Timestamp:
 0: 0. 3 : 0 11 14 
 0: 0. 7 : 0 1 12 13 
 0: 0.14 : 0 11 
 0: 0.15 : 0 11 
 0: 0.55 : 0 11 
 0: 0.57 : 0 11 
 0: 1. 0 : I-O -8292, I-F 0
 0: 1.42 : 0 11 
 0: 1.44 : 0 3 11 
 0: 2.29 : 0 11 
 0: 3. 0 : I-O -13190, I-F 0
 0: 4. 2 : 0 11 
 0: 5. 1 : I-O -15101, I-F 0
 0: 5.41 : 0 3 11 
 0: 6.24 : 0 3 11 
 0: 7. 1 : I-O -18927, I-F 0
 0: 7.42 : 0 3 11 
 0: 8.24 : 0 3 11 
 0: 8.38 : 0 3 11 
 0: 9. 1 : I-O -24664, I-F 0
 0: 9.33 : 0 11 
 0:10.17 : 0 11 
 0:10.29 : 0 11 
 0:11. 2 : I-O -29140, I-F 0
 0:11. 9 : 0 11 
 0:13. 2 : I-O -30632, I-F 0
 0:15. 2 : I-O -30632, I-F 0
 0:15.23 : 0 11 
 0:16. 4 : 0 3 11 
 0:17. 3 : I-O -34035, I-F 0
 0:17. 9 : 0 3 11

Hi Ed. I have spent a considerable amount of time tweaking through, and cannot get it perfect. At times ill still get crackle, will skip, etc. Installing the latest mobo USB drivers did help. Stock USB win10 drivers don’t seem to work well.

Letting you know…

The new driver now causes delayed Cubase launch as well as issues with audio playback in both Chrome, Edge and any media player (audio). Can I get the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.11 somewhere or do I have to re-install everything again?

EDIT: And the no input detected in anything other then Cubase/DAWs is also not fixed with this driver.

Still getting a ton of stuttering with this driver, please refer to my post! I desperately need help with this issue!!!

Ed Doll

Is there a built-in digital loopback function to test the Yamaha Steinberg ASIO driver itself?

Audio Precision support has recommended configuring the Steinberg ASIO driver for loopback.
This seems the only way to objectively test the Steinberg ASIO driver itself;
by using an Audio Precision machine to monitor the digital stream transmitted over USB.

Jon Dattorro