WinRT/Bluetooth MIDI Port Doesn't Appear

I am trying to set up a connection from a Yamaha Genos using a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter to Cubase Pro 12 on a Windows 10 PC. I have the MD-BT01 paired with the PC.

When I open the MIDI Port Setup display in Studio Setup, I do not see a port for this Bluetooth connection. I have Use Device ‘WinRT MIDI’ checked.

Is this kind of Bluetooth connection possible? Is there some step I have missed?

Windows 10, Surface Pro Model 1796 i5, Cubase 12.0.40

I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 MIDI Bluetooth adapter which i use to send MIDI to an iPad. i decided to see if i could use it to send MIDI via Bluetooth between my Yamaha Genos and Cubase Pro 12 on my Windows 10 PC.

it turns out this is possible! You need to add two pieces of free software, according to these directions.

i have the MD-BT01 adapter plugged into the MIDI B ports on my Genos, and MIDI cables from the Genos’ MIDI A ports to the MIDI inputs on my Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface. This allows me to route MIDI from the PC to and from the Genos via either of the two available MIDI ports.

For this to work in Cubase Pro 12, you have to check the Use Device ‘WinRT MIDI’ option.

Do i actually need all of this flexibility? i’m not sure, but it was fun to figure out!

i may have observed a bit of latency with MIDI over Bluetooth, but it doesn’t seem to be prohibitively large.