Wishes for upcoming updates?

Consider how the recently implemented Swing capability is tempo-dependent. Presumably falls and scoops would be (at least in part) dependent on tempo and note length; so you can begin to see the sophistication needed to implement this at the level we are coming to anticipate from Dorico. So as much as I look forward to having active jazz articulations, I know that it is not a simple matter to implement them really well.

Paul has teased about such things recently on facebook, but it is simply not reasonable to tie the display of such ornaments to their playback — especially because they’re rather more complex than all other ornamention (of which there is zero playback working as of now) and because most actually fall into what should be done at the sampling side of things.

It was also Paul that said, here, that the roadmap isn’t really influenced by who yells the loudest. I’m not one to complain often, but I have a feeling that jazz ornamentation (despite Dorico being already in a state where it is technically available) will come before control over bracketing or the ability to draw lines because of the racket.

It’s quite unlikely that, in the first instance, playback of these kinds of brass articulations will be part of the initial implementation.

Oh great! Now look what you made me do …

A Rackett racket? :astonished:

Or this little Basil Fawlty gem:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

Hello :wave:t3:

In this thread of brass, a simple notice:

• TABS for guitar/bass
  • Chord diagrams
  • Swing function for 16th notes.

If dorico gets these features i’m kinda fully satisfied for now.

GREAT program!

Let me make sure i understand your idea here as I have a question. First, I’m assuming that moving the PT on the x/y axis is done on the Engrave tab as the Write tab seems to only allow you to snap the PT object to a note. Engrave lets you put it anywhere. Secondly (and really my main question), if I move the PT a few pixels to the left on the Engrave tab, does that then mean that the PT will trigger a few milliseconds/MIDI ticks earlier than the note? I’m travelling at the moment so I can’t experiment myself but I’m SUPER curious…

Engrave mode does not change any actual data in the score. It merely changes the appearance, but elements stay anchored to their original location. If you move a PT in Engrave mode, it will still trigger at the same location in the score. Write mode is where you would shift the PT triggering location to the left using Alt-left arrow.

What I meant was that you can shift the positioning of the playing technique in the editor so its default positioning is changed, and save that modified PT as your default.

Engrave mode only modifies things visually, never the musical semantics. That’s the whole point of Engrave mode.

Mentioned some of these in other threads but to consolidate:

IPA support for Academico Font so it can be included in Lyrics / Performance Notes etc.

Ability to combine tuplets

Thanks!