WL 10 bug reports

Docking the new Inspector window immediately crashes WL on Windows.

TNX, PG, you’re right, the window was hidden somewhere! I assign Desktop and Display manually (right click on WL icon in dock) and now it works!!

Docking the new Inspector window immediately crashes WL on Windows

Do you have a crash report for this (no problem here).

Philippe

Problem here, stuttering curser and L/R wave images. Weird. I removed all my plugins including Master section and my CPU usage is nill (after being maxed out, slight red bar popping up), but the problem persists. WL9.5 performs flawlessly, even with Master section and 5 plugins loaded (including Ozone 9).

Should I try a fresh install? Hm, I did a ‘Repair’ via my Clean App ,no difference. Also I see that it totally hates my Trans Atlantic Reverb plugin, wow, CPU meter stops playback! Something is quite wrong here… :frowning:

I removed all my plugins including Master section and my CPU usage is nill but the problem persists.

Try to use an asio block size of 512, for your audio device (which one is it BTW?)

Philippe

PG, hi. It is set to 512. Mackie ASIO Driver, same one with the same 512 setting I use in C10 and WL 9.5.

Also just did a complete uninstall and reinstall of WL10. No change, stuttering persists, heavy CPU with plugins loaded.

audio stuttering, or play cursor stuttering?
Sample rate?
If no plugin? If 1 plugin?..
What Mackie device?

Where do I find the crash report? I kept all my AppData files from 9.5. Could this be an issue? Tried deleting all cache files, but it did not affect the problem.

Philippe, sorry, do you ever read ppl’s signature? All my info is there - but:

No audio stutter, all visual.
512 sample rate.
No plugins or 1 plugin, or 4 plugins - the L/R image of the stereo sound file and curser both stutter. It’s like a chugging motion, t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t, etc.
Mackie 1640i, Firewire driver, 16X16

the L/R image of the stereo sound file and curser both stutter

Do you use “View follows cursor” or “Scroll View” ?

And do you observe an anomaly concerning WaveLab meters (stuttering too?)

Both licenses upgraded, Pro not extensively tested yet, but seems to work as expected. Elements otoh, still has the “crash when using right click to open file” thing, as reported for 9.5. The crash didn’t produce a report, but I’m guessing that it’s the same as 9.5. Otherwise it seems fine.

j,

Please help with this! It´s super frustrating to not be able to undo or redo! Even pressing undo/redo in the History section does nothing. Zero!

George

not be able to undo or redo

Montage or wave editor? What do you do that can’t be undone?
I don’t have a problem here, hence please explain me your steps.

Philippe

Hi Philippe

I´ve only tried it in the Montage. It´s works intermittenly. Suddenly it works, suddenly it doesn´t. Really really strange!

Example: move an audio file a bit to the right or left - try to undo - nothing happening - try to undo it in history - nothing happening
Same with redo.

When this happens basically anything done in the Montage can´t be undone or redone (envelope changes to clips, moving clips, editing etc).

When recording is activated in a montage track, undo is disabled during that time. Maybe this is your case?

Tried this now. You´re absolutely right. I can´t undo / reco while I have my print track record enabled. When I disbable record I can undo / redo.

Why is it like this? Curious

:slight_smile:

George

Why is it like this? Curious

Let’s say you created a new track. Now you start recording… if you would undo the track creation (by mistake), then WaveLab would reach a “bad state”.
I should make it more obvious with a warning…

Can’t you make it so Undo doesn’t affect the creation of a track. Like for example in Pro Tools you can’t undo the creation of a track. You have to actively delete that track.

Hi!

Small but annoying bug/issue i have encountered.

It seems that shortcuts (*.lnk-files) are treated as file folders in FileBrowser(s).

They are sorted an listed as File folders and when clicking on a link/shortcut you are transferred to new destination, but browser shows old folder name plus link name as new folder name.

So if you (for example) is forwarded to other disk folder, the browser displays name of old disk and folder but with appended link name as folder name.
Kind of confusing…

How to reproduce:

• Got to folder you usually use and create shortcut to another folder, preferably a folder on another disk
  • In Wavelab FileBrowser go to the folder and click on link
  • You should now see files in new destination but FileBrowser navigation pane displays old disk folder and link name plus shortcut name as the current folder

Anyone else?

BR
/Hackej

Can’t you make it so Undo doesn’t affect the creation of a track. Like for example in Pro Tools you can’t undo the creation of a track. You have to actively delete that track.

No. But I could prevent undoing anything before the start of recording.

Note that Undo is re-enabled as soon as you stop recording.