WL Patch 7.2 on horizon ?

The manual has been updated to explain new stuff, but it has not been rewritten as you could hope.

Is the manual 64 bit or do I have to “bridge” it? :smiley:

VP

The manual is actually 0-bit so I don’t think bridging it is going to work in this instance :smiley:

WK Audio’s ID?

Thanks, PG, this is welcome news! I was just about to reinstall everything on my main DAW, and was foolishly hoping I could make that final, complete transition to x64… (which I’ve tried so many times over the years, but always ended up having to install some apps/plugins 32-bit). Also thrilled to hear the Sonnox plugs will be x64 too! Great work!

Sonnox is going to launch 64 bits versions of their plugs this week…
So, I hope we could have Wavelab 7.2 too!! :wink:

To be fair they are both a bit late from their original release schedule, sonnox even more…

Well, when they are done they are done I guess… :ugeek:

Hello,

the 7.2 update can be downloaded from here http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/download_wl70.html

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you.

VP

Thank you indeed,

but: is this a secret?

asks
Jean

Great… after i installed 7.2 wavelab doesn’t even start at all. The famous dcom/elincser error that is still not fixed.
I’m so glad that installing 7.10 again still worked so that i can at least do my job.

Be warned, 7.2 is not working the way it should.
errorwl.jpg

The famous dcom/elincser error that is still not fixed.

This error happens if the dongle is not connected, or there is a driver error. Make sure to use the latest eLicenser.
Maybe simply restart Windows to solve this issue.

Did all that… even downloaded elicenser again, restarted everything.
Installed 7.10 again and it worked right away.
If you search for this error on the forum it comes up a lot of times with no real solution.

Uh-oh…

VP

OK, i found the solution, it’s up and running!
Going to really test tomorrow, just did a quick test.

This is the solution which i think is a good idea to document somewhere since i see a lot of problems with it.

click system properties > advanced > performance then settings > data execution prevention.
Then click add and search for the elincer control center.
I also added wavelab itself, just to make sure.
It should look something like in the screenshot after that.

In the Windows dialogues for examining or changing the file associations, or the “open with” menu, both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of WaveLab are listed as “WaveLab for Windows” with no indication of version. I presume that the default associations are set by the last installation to have been run, but could they be named differently in future please?

Paul

First impression is not really good. :cry:
The issues with not saving default layouts in the montage and mastersection width are still not solved…
The mastersection even became wider then 7.10 to my idea and it’s not possible to drag it smaller.

Check the screenshot for the issues with the mastersection.

Thank you PG, :smiley:

and where is the new documentation ? :question: