WL Pro 9 - Questions on Basic CD layout

I am finally dipping my toe into the WL9 Pro pool.

First test is to make a basic CD mix for the car - so I opened WL9 and choose the Basic CD template. I brought in 17 FLAC files and chose the line them up in a linear (back to back on single track) formation. So far so good.

Next things I need to accomplish are:

Loudness: Have WL9 adjust the overall loudness of each track to a specific LUFS threshold (MetaNormalizer?)

I tried this last night - WL did it’s thing, created a log of all the changes. I wanted all tracks in the mix to be around -12 LUFS but after checking the tracks - I did not see an average of -12LUFS it was more like -17 or so. What am I doing wrong?

Standard CD Markers: Is there no way to have WL9 create basic “Track1, Track2” markers on masse? Or do I have to add each one individually?

MetaData: Could not find anywhere to examine track metadata etc etc. Again - all new and probably not seeing the obvious.

Any help on these three would be appreciated.

Cheers!

VP

I did not see an average of -12LUFS it was more like -17 or so. What am I doing wrong?

How do you check the loudness of the CD tracks?

Standard CD Markers: Is there no way to have WL9 create basic “Track1, Track2” markers on masse? Or do I have to add each one individually?

The CD Wizard does this for you.

MetaData: Could not find anywhere to examine track metadata etc etc. Again - all new and probably not seeing the obvious.

What kind of meta-data are you speaking about?

Philippe

By looking at your loudness meter in the top right (assuming no windows have been moved)

How do I fire that up because I did not get a wizard when starting the “basic cd” Montage template?

Basic track stuff. CD Text type stuff…artist, track name etc etc

VP

2016-04-21_22-20-39.png
Concerning the dB, are you sure the target dB could be achieved without clipping?
Or are you sure to read the loudness meter correctly?