WL11 and Windows 7 - works but no GUI for Steinberg plugins

Hi! I’m still on Windows 7 64 and reluctant to upgrade a working system (using WL10 everyday with no problems).

I couldn’t find any info about compatibility with older OS, so I decided to try out WL11 anyway and it seems to work surprisingly well- all except for the Steinberg plugins which have no GUI. I can hear them working, and some will open with the Generic GUI, but most won’t. All 3rd party plugins I tried so far (both VST2 and VST3) are working and have functioning GUIs.

Since Windows 7 is not supported, I can’t really complain, but maybe this can be sorted out somehow. So I’m wondering if anybody knows of a workaround or a solution until I can upgrade the OS.

I hope this is useful information for all other WaveLab users who are still on Win7.

Thanks for the great work so far.

T

The requirements can be found on the Steinberg site.
For WaveLab 11, this 64-bit Windows 10 Version 20H2 and Version 21H1

Yes, yes, I knew it was meant for Windows 10 and up, but was curious to see if it would work anyway :slight_smile: Actually did my all my work today on WL11, using 3rd party plugs instead of the built in ones. Really enjoying the new Montage window capabilities.