WL11 Render Issue

SOLVED :I have to let you know that once again I experienced a single random and obviously incorrect render.

There was a gain stage in the plugin chain and the rendered file looked and sounded like it only rendered that first plugin. The other three plugins … DMG EQ, Sonnox Limiter and Voxengo Limiter seem to have been ignored.

This was mystifying because I had been using this identical chain in other projects that day and over the days prior. Every render perfect.

The plugins were all VST 3 and DYN was not checked in preferences.

The plugs were inserted in the Output section of the montage (so no clip complexity). It was a simple single (one track) render. The montage was 32 bit float 96 kHz.

I was thinking that ‘something’ is causing one or more plugins to incorrectly report their ‘state’ to WL or WL is incorrectly reading that ‘state message’. Possible?

The PC is a relatively powerful machine, purpose built for mastering only i7 32 gig of ram with RME HDSPe AIO card sending AES only.

I’m on the latest version of WL Pro 11.0.30 build 114 and the latest build of Windoze 10 Pro.

WL 11 is super stable and otherwise works perfectly. I cannot recall one single crash in 11. Rock solid.

I have been a WL user since at least version 5 (full on since WL 6) and have never seen this behavior before.

I have checked and double checked all render settings. But, as I said, everything was working perfectly prior to this … even the session immediately before rendered perfectly with the same set of plugins to the same destination drive.

This behavior is rare and completely random and I cannot reproduce it. It is therefore not useful to suggest removing plugs one at a time etc. because the next time you render … like the time before … it will almost certainly be OK.

While it could be plug in related, it’s challenging to understand why it works correctly 99.9% of the time. It might be something I am doing, but I cannot think what that might be.

Maybe there is something going on in my system that I have not yet identified.

Potentially, the incorrect render issue could be very easy to ‘miss’ in a project where you are, for example, making subtle revision changes.

I can say that I am pretty sure it has only been happening since the update to 11.0.30.

These identical plugins continue to work 100% OK in WL 9.5

Any thoughts?