WL8.5 Lag on Mac OS X 10.8.5

The old Apple Mighty Mouse
(The Magic Mouse is not really fun to work with - really slow zooming)

Mayby I should try using then Microsoft Optical that we ware using on the PC side

Do you have some plugin open when this happens?

I did a quick test . . I have the Studio EQ always in the Master for easy Eqing. When it’s visibly open i can force the "Click"Effect … when it’s only in the slot but not visible it seems to work better …

EDIT:
Ok … it happens even with no PlugIn and restart …

Has there been any progress on the UI lag issue on OS X? I’ve made numerous attempts to use WL 8.5 but have been forced to abandon it until this is fixed.

I’ve noticed other serious issues that might be related to the UI problem. For instance, undo does not always undo the most recent operation and instead often seems to do something arbitrary, often corrupting projects.

I hope the source of these bugs will be tracked down soon.

Kind regards,

Albert (2012 Retina MacBook Pro 15", 16 GB, OS X 10.9.4)

Update: I just installed the 8.5.10 update and so far it’s immediately responsive, like version 8. Hopefully this will have fixed the issues.

P.S. How do I get notified of new versions and updates? Are email notifications of updates sent to customers?

Have you tried 8.5.10 ?

Philippe

I just installed it… see my previous post! :slight_smile:

So far, so good… looks like the problem has been solved. Many thanks for tracking down this bug!

Now I have to ask again - because the problem remains with WL8.5.2.
I did not use WL8.5.1 because of that. Now the new Versions seems to be better but not as good as WL8.0.4

1. Sometimes (but not always) the Graphic of the waveform lags. In direct comparison to 8.0.4.
    makeing a selection and “Leaving” the visible area. The Waveform starts to move. In 8.0.4 nearly instantly .
    In 8.5.2 it takes so milliseconds . While doing many cuts very fast it interrupts the workflow.

\
  2. Some mouse clicks seem not to come through. Again with editing the waveform.
    This is also not happening in 8.0.4.

I hope my description is clear. It’s complicate to describe.

Regard,

Christoph

As I am now on a “new” System - the Problem seem a lot more present. I made a small Video to show the lag.
I wonder where the real problem is (Videocard, Mouse, OSX, WL…)

System is Mac Pro 2009, 14GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5770, OSX 10.10.3, WaveLab 8.5.2

http://www.tonmanufactur.de/media/Wavelab_Maus.mov

The System is a fresh install with no migration etc … I have no problems like this in e.g. Logic, ProTools …

Any idea ??

Christoph

What you observe in this video, is related to graphic performances. Only a faster CPU would help.

You mean a stronger GPU or CPU ?

Is anybody else experiencing this ? Or does it work flawless (with which system / Graphic Card)

I’m now looking for a faster card - which is around 600 Euros ( :frowning:. Has anybody recommendations for a 2009 Mac Pro ?

CPU, not GPU, because graphics are computed by the CPU.

Unfortunately my Mac Pro is an early 2008 machine, I can’t buy a new one right now.
Your answer is a just: “Only a faster CPU would help.”
So I ask: why Steinberg don’t wrote this relevant information in the minimum system requirement chart?
Maybe it would be appropriate to include a setting to lighten the CPU/GPU load for older machines, don’t you?

my Mac Pro is an early 2008 machine

This is what I use here, and though the graphics are not as fast as on certain other machines, this remain acceptable IMHO.

Philippe

I upgraded the CPU in my Mac Pro - but actually it’s not faster and perhaps PG can confirm that PCs are graphically “quicker” than MACs. (First thing I hated when going from Logic-Win to Logic-Mac and maybe even true today)

Also I think Yosemite ist a real Graphic-Performance Nightmare. I made the “mistake” to install it on my new SSD - although a big OSX 10.8 fan …

So I think I will go back and try it there…

UPDATE:
The Montage-lag (seen in the Video bugged me most) As this was my demo-session - I now made a new one.
It seems that WL is much quicker without Track-Plugins loaded.

Single Track Edit really quick (again). I will watch the behavior in heavy-edit-session
Sorry to waste your precious time.

I was having the same issues somewhat with some graphical lag around the UI when doing certain tasks like Time Selection and Audio Editing. I’m also using OS X 10.8.5 so this forum post had caught my eye.

I have noticed that some of you have the installer for 8.5.10 and was wondering if there was a link that I could still download that version. Seeing as though I bought Wavelab after the 8.5.20 update had already been released, I can’t seem to find any previous archives that contains the updates. Thanks!