WL9 Elements Plug Ins missing

With WL9 Elements on OSX I cannot have the ‘build in’ plug ins showing up. All Steinberg WL9 Elements VST3 plug ins are missing, except “Gain”. No “MasterRig”, no “RoomWorks SE” etc.
I tried several scans but no go so far. Double checked this with a installation on Win7/64 and all plug ins are showing up. How to solve this? I’m on OSX 10.9.5.

WaveLab is officially compatible from OSX 10.10.
It is “meant” to be compatible with 10.9. But why don’t you upgrade to 10.9?

This being said, please make sure this folder is writable:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences

Do you see a folder with some files in?:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Elements 9/Cache/

I haven’t upgrade to Yosemite yet because everything runs so smooth with Mavericks, which is also listed as compatible with Nuendo 7, which I use mostly.
And yes, the mentioned folder is writeable and I see the Cache folder with a lot of files in it.
Should I delete some preference files and try a plug in scan again?
Thank you.

Try removing the whole Cache folder.

Cache folder with a lot of files in it.

Should not be many files at the start. Or did you import WaveLab Elements 8 settings?

Thanks PG,
Installing Yosemite was the cure - all other hints were unsuccessful in Mavericks. I can now see all Steinberg Plug Ins. The only annoying thing right now is the dreaded message “Do you want the application “WaveLab Elements 9.app” to accept incoming network connections?” Of course I did all sorts of things, in the Firewall settings, repaired permissions etc. but no go. No matter if I click allow or deny - it pops up again and again with every program start (then only once) … it was the case with Mavericks and now in Yosemite. It is the only program doing this. Any ideas?

This message will be absent in WaveLab 9.0.20
In the mean time, you can disable it in 2 ways:

• by disabling the FireWire option of OSX (this FireWire is not active by default)
  • or by suppressing the Cubase connectivity feature, if you don’t need it. This is done this way: open the file
    /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 9/Startup.plist
    or
    /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Elements 9/Startup.plist

and add the entry:
NoExchange=true

I want Cubase connectivity! That is great … please solve this annoying thing ASAP and the 32 bit floating point problem between Cubase and WL … thank you!