Won't load AIR Music Technology plugins

Bit of a drag, given that these VIs are used in 7.5 sessions. Like before – in general Cubase needs to be drip-fed the learning of (greater numbers of 3rd party) VST2 & VST3 plugs otherwise crashes on launch. In the case of AIR, will not run these at all, even after loading one at a time. In this case, C8 gets up by refuses to display an AIR plugin collection in the new Plug-in Manager. Seems to be n way to re-set ‘blacklist’ or otherwise, except for 're-scan- in the Plug-in managers which then crashes C8. BTW, same VST2 plugs run fine in C7.5, Ableton Live, Studio One etc.

Confirmed - just tried to run Hybrid 3 on my iMac late 2012 in os x 10.9.5 and it crashes Cubase 8 instantly :frowning:

I’m running Win 8.1 and my AIR plugs open fine. Tried Hybrid/Loom/Transfuser.

profdraper, what os are you running?

Confirmed. ALL plugins from AIR crashes Cubase Pro 8 on my Mac Pro under Yosemite.

Do you have ASIO Guard enabled or disabled?
I noticed a bunch of my plugs crashing cubase pro 8 until I enabled ASIO Guard 2 in the Devices > Device Setup > VST audio System section.

All my crashes from plugins stopped.

I also noticed you can tell if you NEED ASIO Guard 2 by groing into the Plugin Manager and rescanning your plugins. If Cubase 8 crashes while rescanning you simply enable ASIO Guard, restart Cubase and scan again - It then completed normally for me.

Yes I’ve got ASIO Guard enabled but will try re-scanning all of the plugins anyway. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem here with Transfuser2 from AIR, I tried the previous step but still have the same problem.

osx 10.10.2 Yosemite
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB
cubase Pro 8.0.5

any solution?!!

Hi guys,

I have the same problem here with Transfuser2 from AIR, I tried the previous step but still have the same problem.

osx 10.10.2 Yosemite
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB
cubase Pro 8.0.5

any solution?!!

Hello,

this has been reported, we have various bug entries for it.
It only affects the 64-bit Mac version, according to the open cases.
It appears that this is not fixable on our side, AIR has been informed.

Regards,

Apparently, fixes from AIR are on the way :slight_smile:

Thanks vic_france, good news :slight_smile:

Hi
Regarding Hybrid 3 not working in Cubase here’s a quick fix that works:

1. uninstall Hybrid 3 you can do this by trying to reinstalll Hybrid 3 and selecting uninstall.
  2. Create a new temporary folder on another drive don’t use the drive your operating system is installed on normally C;
  3. Install Hybrid 3 into this folder make sure your computers clock and date are set correctly before proceeding with these steps as it will cause an error within pace forcing the installation to roll back.
  4. After installation completes navigate to your temporary folder open it and copy the Hybrid dll file this will be either 64bit or 32bit depending on what bit format your daw is running at make sure you select the correct one or it will crash.
  5. Navigate to your Steinberg VST folder open it and create a new folder and name it Hybrid open this folder and paste your chosen Hybrid dll file into it.
  6. start Cubase as normal and Hybrid will be in your plugins list.

My understanding of why this works is during the boot up sequence of Cubase the Hybrid dll file is not initiating due to other dll files in the queue, installing Hybrid dll in a folder momentarily stalls this sequence allowing it to be recognised.
Please note I have not tried this method with other Air products but I’m certain that it should work in the same fashion just make sure during installation to set the VST path to the temporary folder.
Hope this helps.

David Gillespie N.I